Tried to end my employment Tuesday

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
It started Monday at noontime. Coworker "C" said she wasn't to be disturbed while eating lunch as I answered the med door bell. Resident "A" asked to speak to "C" I said she could not come to the door, "A" became agitated, kicked and banged the door until "C" attended to him.

"C" is new-hire RC who has very little experience in the human service field. "C" provided special treatment (favoritism) to "A" crossing boundaries.

Later 'C" spoke to assistant manager about incident, I told "C" she put me in an awkward place answering to "A" who, by your word was not available. "C" with voice raised confronted me. That evening at end of my shift, I approached "C" and said I was sorry for the misunderstanding. Yelling at me "C" refused my apology and said she was not sorry.

When I got home, I wrote HR, Program Manager and assistant manager to request an end to my employment given the fact I am forced to stop working anyway as my position will be terminated in 30 days. Next day HR and PM told me if I ended employment before the arranged time I will not collect unemployment benefits. I asked if I may return to work Friday, it was agreed.

February, 10 is my retirement party at work and the 14th is my final day.

Ed I don't know where you work but it sounds like you encounter the same kind of crappy people to work with that I do. For some reason people in healthcare are just nasty to get along with. Not sure if it's just all the stress or just the people themselves. I'm sorry you have to go through that.

Why is it when you are on vacation days fly by. But in a situation like Mr. Ed has waiting for your final day at your job the days seem like weeks. If there are any unused sick days or vacation days I'd use those to minimize the time left.

I’m horrified at what happened to you, and that you were threatened with loss of benefits. Sure hope you can get through the remaining time in one piece. Everything here is certainly pulling for you!

Why is it when you are on vacation days fly by. But in a situation like Mr. Ed has waiting for your final day at your job the days seem like weeks. If there are any unused sick days or vacation days I'd use those to minimize the time left.
I don't know what his situation is but here when we're about to leave we can't take vacation. They have to just pay us for it.

I would make a "short-timers chain" out of paperclips marking the number of days you have left.
Hang it in a prominent and remove one paperclip every day.
This will prove surprisingly satisfying.
Sooner or later someone will ask you what it is for, and when you tell them
... they will be very envious. That is supremely satisfying.

I wonder how you are going to say goodbye on your last day? You should think of something REALLY SPECIAL!!!!
I had given the site paper copies of all my test and mathematical procedures as required by my contract, but I was so ticked off at them that I pulled up the digital copies and made a few changes to my equations. They were screwed if they ever tried to "cut and paste."

So if you can, plan something special for them that they won't see coming.

I had given the site paper copies of all my test and mathematical procedures as required by my contract, but I was so ticked off at them that I pulled up the digital copies and made a few changes to my equations. They were screwed if they ever tried to "cut and paste."

So if you can, plan something special for them that they won't see coming.
Pecos! How could someone as saintly as you be party to such a dastardly deed? hahahaha!
I think that's so funny!

Back