Tried to end my employment Tuesday

LMAO @Pecos! My aunt years ago when she left the college she worked at in Arkansas they were POd cuz she took the rolodex that SHE made years and years before. Plus she took all her info on everything she did for the day to day running of things. She was a secretary there. They were so lost that they called her at home after she retired wanting that information and she laughed and hung up on them.

Dastardly, .... Love it.
Saintly, ..... I don't know.
But nobody should be completely predictable. (And I am pretty sure that you share that trait.)
Why Pecos...I'm surprised at you! Pleasantly! Aaahahahahahahaha.:ROFLMAO:

@Mr. Ed You must've really been burned up wanting to quite with such a short time left. Unfortunately quitting cancels out eligibility for unemployment like was already mentioned. Good thing you were made aware before you resignation was accepted. I was thinking what others pointed out ....being a short timer, you can bite the bullet and hang in there until the end. I agree that it was gracious of you to apologize.

@MarciKS I was able to leave early because I was able to take my week or week and a half of vacation before the start of my retirement. But I worked for the state. I imagine private employers each have their own policies about that.

Last edited:
paragraph from post #1

"Later 'C" spoke to assistant manager about incident, I told "C" she put me in an awkward place answering to "A" who, by your word was not available. "C" with voice raised confronted me. That evening at end of my shift, I approached "C" and said I was sorry for the misunderstanding. Yelling at me "C" refused my apology and said she was not sorry."

When "C" spoke to assistant manager were you present?

If not, did the assistant manager corner you later & ask you about the incident?

I'm not understanding why you apologized to "C"

paragraph from post #1

"Later 'C" spoke to assistant manager about incident, I told "C" she put me in an awkward place answering to "A" who, by your word was not available. "C" with voice raised confronted me. That evening at end of my shift, I approached "C" and said I was sorry for the misunderstanding. Yelling at me "C" refused my apology and said she was not sorry."

When "C" spoke to assistant manager were you present?

If not, did the assistant manager corner you later & ask you about the incident?

I'm not understanding why you apologized to "C"
I apologized to that day as a gesture to put past misunderstanding behind us and start new tomorrow. It is best to resolve issues particularly with coworkers to have minimum affect in work environment.
“C” is a new employee and with COVID a few long term employees have been let go, so it is with my job. Unless “C” does something terrible, she will continue to work there.

Funny, I spoke to the assistant manager Friday who brushed off the incident Monday as “a big misunderstanding” thereby showing me where her loyalty lied.

Soon after “C” started working she had issues with a male coworker making a big deal over coworker “R” correcting/updating “C” alert regarding a resident. There seems to be a pattern of insignificant issues manifested by “C” and her history regarding males and/or male coworkers.

I apologized to that day as a gesture to put past misunderstanding behind us and start new tomorrow. It is best to resolve issues particularly with coworkers to have minimum affect in work environment.
“C” is a new employee and with COVID a few long term employees have been let go, so it is with my job. Unless “C” does something terrible, she will continue to work there.

Funny, I spoke to the assistant manager Friday who brushed off the incident Monday as “a big misunderstanding” thereby showing me where her loyalty lied.

Soon after “C” started working she had issues with a male coworker making a big deal over coworker “R” correcting/updating “C” alert regarding a resident. There seems to be a pattern of insignificant issues manifested by “C” and her history regarding males and/or male coworkers.
Thanks for the explanation. It's a good thing you have your time in because it looks like "C" has a spot of favoritism that won't go away. That makes for a difficult working atmosphere.

It seems to me that for a new employee "C" has an awful lot of clout. Is she related to or sleeping with a higher up. Or is she desired by one of the higher ups? As the song says: "Something, something just ain't right."

Back