Trimming Your Own Bangs

In the Navy, at sea, I got any number of bad haircuts.
But as we would say, "the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut was just a couple of days."
I believe that this point of view would only apply to men, particularly men who were not scheduled to pull into a port for several more weeks.
I am also not sure that I would want to mention this logic to Navy women at sea. No, that would not be wise.

I'm going to share the same hairstyle as you @jujube I have a short style as well, last appointment was postponed for 2 weeks, not going to happen this week either, my little one's [dog] cut looks better than mine right now, haven't gone this long between cuts since never. Doesn't Covid19 know some of us need these essential services.

I am actually debating letting my bangs grow out with the rest of it. I don't know. I'm so indecisive when it comes to my hair. First time I get tickled by a fly away I'll be demanding the hair dresser to chop it all off. LOL

tenor.gif

Oh !!!!!!!! HAPPY Day yesterday.......didn't cut my own bangs or hair......was able to get my haircut last night......lots of safety to follow, but that was okay. Back to having GOOD HAIR DAYS again.

I'm a twist and then angle upward cutter - it works. My issue is with the back of my hair... any suggestions on how to do that successfully would be greatly appreciated! Most of my layers have grown out, but my hair does not grow evenly. It is also baby-fine. The slightest whisper of a breeze sends it all haywire. Perhaps I should go with a buzz-cut!

[QUOTE="hollydolly, post: 1341763, member: 116
I'm envious...our salons are supposedly a long way from opening again...:(e
[/QUOTE]
I think because living in a small town may make a bit of difference, Hollydolly. The hairdressers where i go to, take different shifts of the day, only one hairdresser in the shop at one time, and only one customer at a time, the back door is used instead of the front, to avoid walk ins, you wait outside till she calls you in, sanitized wipes are used after each person is done, masks. She mentioned, if this was a city, she wouldn't be doing this, would be a longer closure, harder in cities to stay safe, very understandable.

I'm a twist and then angle upward cutter - it works. My issue is with the back of my hair... any suggestions on how to do that successfully would be greatly appreciated! Most of my layers have grown out, but my hair does not grow evenly. It is also baby-fine. The slightest whisper of a breeze sends it all haywire. Perhaps I should go with a buzz-cut!
Oh no, Don't do the buzz-cut, Em in Ohio, will have to think of a way.

[QUOTE="hollydolly, post: 1341763, member: 116
I'm envious...our salons are supposedly a long way from opening again...:(e
I think because living in a small town may make a bit of difference, Hollydolly. The hairdressers where i go to, take different shifts of the day, only one hairdresser in the shop at one time, and only one customer at a time, the back door is used instead of the front, to avoid walk ins, you wait outside till she calls you in, sanitized wipes are used after each person is done, masks. She mentioned, if this was a city, she wouldn't be doing this, would be a longer closure, harder in cities to stay safe, very understandable.
[/QUOTE]
LOL...I live in a village ... the nearest salon is in our little market town..a few miles away . Sadly reagrdless of size no salon is permitted to open..yet.

I'm sure there's bound to be people still doing home visits around here, on the quiet, and using PPE.. or not as the case may be. ..I think I'll wait for the salons to be given the go ahead to open by the govt..altho' goodness knows how long the appointment waiting list will be... it will be like trying to get your hair done in December .., for months to come ..

That said..my daughter in Spain ( where the lockdown is much more severe than here)..managed to get her nails done today, plenty PPE ...she's over the moon. :D

Our government, did make a decision to reopen some businesses, but very strict safety practices, and when i said some, only some, still going to be a long haul before businesses can start practicing the NEW NORMAL.

Back