Turmeric Shows Remarkable Results in the Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease

Still sticking with my daily routine of around a half teaspoon of organic ground Turmeric Root daily. I believe it does help with inflammation which is one of the causes of many conditions.

I put turmeric on my veggies, daily. I've been doing that for the last twenty years. I go through my shaker in about a week, or so, and then fill it back up from the bulk bags I buy. I cannot tolerate any type of pepper, unfortunately.

I bought a capsule maker and make my own capsules of turmeric because turmeric has a ORAC score of 127,068 for 100mg. That is the amount of free radical damage it can remove from your body.

I do this, too. I combine turmeric and ground black pepper in capsules and take one each day. Very inexpensive and has the added benefit of me feel a bit like a badass. Walter White without the trail of bodies, ugly RV, or meth explosions.

I don't know anything about turmeric but I read a post by someone here about ginger for anti-inflammation. I bought some ginger root. I have been drinking a cup of ginger tea each day for about three weeks. It seems to be helping my achy knees. I was a bit surprised to find that it tastes good, too.

My wife and I drink green tea with shredded ginger pretty often, works well with a tablespoon of honey for scratchy throats too.

I have tried just about every damn 'snake-oil' product there is for inflammation & the pain / immobility ,.. that it causes. I've just about reached the point to where I think it's all just that........snake-oil. I believe that it just might be that if those innocuous approaches really do help someone, it may be because they do not / did not have a very severe case of it? It seems the only thing that works for a strong case of ??? is the strong man-made medicine designed for it. Then of course we 'roll-the-dice' on the side effects .

Doesn't seem to matter if it's arthritis, Alzheimer's , diabetes, or what ever. I have yet to hear anyone I know with a severe condition say, I took this for a month / year, whatever & I'm feeling fine now....It just hasn't happened. Some spotty temporary relief yes...that is the best i have heard.......jmo

I am seriously considering Humira ....a last ditch approach to some relief....roll the dice, see what happens?

Approx $30.000 p/yr , but it is AFAIK ins,covered....Still what a damn shame price. In the end, we're all paying for it.

I have tried just about every damn 'snake-oil' product there is for inflammation & the pain / immobility ,.. that it causes. I've just about reached the point to where I think it's all just that........snake-oil. I believe that it just might be that if those innocuous approaches really do help someone, it may be because they do not / did not have a very severe case of it? It seems the only thing that works for a strong case of ??? is the strong man-made medicine designed for it. Then of course we 'roll-the-dice' on the side effects .

Doesn't seem to matter if it's arthritis, Alzheimer's , diabetes, or what ever. I have yet to hear anyone I know with a severe condition say, I took this for a month / year, whatever & I'm feeling fine now....It just hasn't happened. Some spotty temporary relief yes...that is the best i have heard.......jmo

I am seriously considering Humira ....a last ditch approach to some relief....roll the dice, see what happens?

Approx $30.000 p/yr , but it is AFAIK ins,covered....Still what a damn shame price. In the end, we're all paying for it.

I had serious joint pain in both hips, one shoulder and one knee. I stopped sugar as much as possible and the pain flew the coup in a few weeks. Once in a while i get a little temporary pain in the knee but it lasts on a few minutes. I was convinced double hip replacements was in my future and I am so damn happy i avoided that.

I had serious joint pain in both hips, one shoulder and one knee. I stopped sugar as much as possible and the pain flew the coup in a few weeks. Once in a while i get a little temporary pain in the knee but it lasts on a few minutes. I was convinced double hip replacements was in my future and I am so damn happy i avoided that.

You make my point....."I stopped sugar as much as possible"

I do not have a sweet tooth...very rarely do i indulge in sugar . Glad the cutting back worked for you, but for me ? What's to cut back?

Have you seen x-rays & or MRI's that show the depletion of cartilage ? I have on me...& it's gone...bone on bone. One hip, one knee....and the other two are headed the same way. And..a shoulder not far behind them.

There is only so much we can cut from our diet...then sooner or later we're grazin' in the yard.

7 Ways to Help Keep Your Brain Young

Of these suggestions, I use antioxidants in the form or food or supplements, get adequate sleep and use Curcumin/turmeric as a daily supplement. More here.

Alzheimer's disease affects about 5.3 million Americans. It's the leading cause of dementia and the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] leading cause of death in the U.S. And it's growing at an alarming rate. Already 13% of people over 65 have been diagnosed with the disease. An astounding 43% of those over the age of 85 are victims.http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/7-proven-ways-keep-your-brain-young#_edn1

Alzheimer's has been called the defining disease of the boomer generation. Its victims are expected to triple by the year 2050.
In addition, it's estimated that 10,000,000 others suffer with severe dementia and Parkinson's disease.

But even if you escape these debilitating and life-threatening diseases, you may be among millions more who suffer from mild cognitive impairment (MCI or what is frequently called "age-related cognitive dysfunction") and normal "age–associated memory impairment." These conditions are what many of us have experienced as "senior moments." The symptoms include memory loss, as well as a decline in the ability to think and reason.

Some of these problems are a result of the natural aging of our brains. But others arise from poor nutrition and exposure to environmental toxins.
Drugs have shown little promise and serious side effects. But here are seven proven methods to keep your brain young and sharp.

'''''''''''''

Last edited:
I take ginger and turmeric in tea and have for years and swear by it, it is not a miracle cure, but helps these old joints and mind in good order. Don't forget the black pepper.... :p

Back