Undecided whether to put up a Christmas tree, etc.?

I stopped decorating the Christmas after my mom passed except for a wreath out front. Who's gonna see it? A wreath is a lot easier to take own than a lot of finicky decorations. I've tried for 15 years to see all the Christmas items I inherited. Apparently people will go to WalMart and shell out for over-priced junk from China rather than investing in vintage decorations.

Yeah, about to put up my Christmas 🎄🌲 tree. I'll get a head start!😉
Well off you go. You'll forgive me if I leave Christmas to Christmas, that is, December 25th of the year of your choice. 23rd the decorations go up, January 2nd, they come down and are returned to the attic where they are lived until Christmas comes around once more.

A friend did a tree trimming party in early December and an untrimming party in mid January. There was usually about 50-60 people there. He died in late 2018. No one had a tree that year. In 2019 it was suggested that I have it, as a potluck, both to trim and untrim.

I bought a 5 foot tree to sit on a tabletop and some decorations. I held it in Dec. 2019 and January 2020. Then the pandemic came so we have not had another one. I will be moving in January, so I will do nothing for the holidays this year.

I stopped decorating the Christmas after my mom passed except for a wreath out front. Who's gonna see it? A wreath is a lot easier to take own than a lot of finicky decorations. I've tried for 15 years to see all the Christmas items I inherited. Apparently people will go to WalMart and shell out for over-priced junk from China rather than investing in vintage decorations.
I went nuts at the thrift stores last year. PAWS was putting out 'new' stuff daily. I went 3 days a week. Not that I bought a ton but it was fun digging through the loose ornament boxes. I don't do a tree. I hang them on the wall.

I agree with you on the Walmart stuff.

I find something to enjoy each holiday of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, BUT
Christmas time for me is the one that I adore, Oh I love you Christmas time, so many
reasons for me that it is so special~

I am in a small living place unit; I will though bring out some of my Holiday decorations
and that starts this coming Monday for me. I plan to even put out my two ceramic
Christmas trees that my mother and also my grandmother made for me all those
many years ago. Never too early for enjoying my Christmas music either, the holidays
can come and go so fast, I love to soak in and relish all the moments that I can :)

Last edited:
I had not put up a tree in several years. I was always out of town for Christmas so I didn’t see any reason . But, when Covid came no one wanted to travel and I stayed home, I decided to buy a small tree and dig out a box or two of my ornaments,etc. I really enjoyed the tree so have continued with it in the subsequent years. I put it up at Thanksgiving and take it down around New Years day.

Back