Unusual Food Combinations

Mandee

In another thread I saw mention of 'Cherry Cheese Pie', I've never heard of this before and would not have
thought of that combination. It got me wondering about other unusual (at least to me) food combinations.

I do actually have one myself that I wondered if anyone else has ever tried.
Chocolate cake with fruit yoghurt instead of custard.

Now although chocolate cake may not be regarded as a 'healthy' food, yoghurt is -
so I only need to feel 'half' as guilty about the cake. :D

I am on a Keto diet. I mix all kinds of food into one dish and combine them...Keto freezer bun, cooked chard, brea cheese/other kinds also, slice of meat ( ham, turkey, chicken...sometimes canned sardines/mackerel and eat small amounts of pork rinds ( I love them ). I also make one for "dessert". Coconut/mozzarella ( home baked ) bun, blueberries, raspberries, dark chocolate, and some coffee and cream. YUM. :)

I am on a Keto diet. I mix all kinds of food into one dish and combine them...Keto freezer bun, cooked chard, brea cheese/other kinds also, slice of meat ( ham, turkey, chicken...sometimes canned sardines/mackerel and eat small amounts of pork rinds ( I love them ). I also make one for "dessert". Coconut/mozzarella ( home baked ) bun, blueberries, raspberries, dark chocolate, and some coffee and cream. YUM. :)
All that puts my choccy cake and yoghurt in the shade :D
I've heard of the 'Keto' diet through Youtube videos, often wondered what it is like and if I'd be able to
live with one. :)

It takes awhile to get used to. I have chronic IBS and use to be on both prescription drugs and over the counter stuff. For 10 years I struggled with it. I tried the Keto diet and have been on it for about 6 months. My IBS symptoms have all but faded away. I lost about 40 lbs also...which helped.

Also we make "smoothies" also with all kinds of different combinations. :)

It takes awhile to get used to. I have chronic IBS and use to be on both prescription drugs and over the counter stuff. For 10 years I struggled with it. I tried the Keto diet and have been on it for about 6 months. My IBS symptoms have all but faded away. I lost about 40 lbs also...which helped.

Also we make "smoothies" also with all kinds of different combinations. :)
Well Keto certainly seems to have done you good and I'm glad to hear it has had such a great impact
on your IBS and weight loss. So is weight loss a key factor in a Keto diet - if someone goes on it but
'doesn't need' to lose weight - do they lose it anyway ?

Well Keto certainly seems to have done you good and I'm glad to hear it has had such a great impact
on your IBS and weight loss. So is weight loss a key factor in a Keto diet - if someone goes on it but
'doesn't need' to lose weight - do they lose it anyway ?
When your body goes into Keto, the body firsts eats the simple sugars, then the complex carbs (autophagy), ketones increase after 12 hours, then after 24 hours or more our own fat stem cells emerge to attack disease. My longest fast has been 30 and 36 hours. Even something as simple as skipping breakfast can help. I lost about 40 pounds so far and I ate big carb meals once or twice a month. Soon you don't feel hungry and your portions will also lessen. Amazing results. There are other benefits besides losing weight, increased energy, clearer mental activity and fighting disease are just a few. 😍 P.S. check out Dr. Mindy Pelz on YouTube she has a free autophagy chart and can explain it.

When I lived in New Mexico for a while with my dog, we were on a strict (no money) diet. One day all I had left was some peanut butter and Pace salsa. You guessed it, bought a loaf of bread and had peanut butter and salsa sandwiches with my dog! Delicious! We loved them. 🤣

That sounds like the same logic my mother applied when making root beer ice cream floats using "diet" root beer. :rolleyes:
So, what’s wrong with that? I do this because I am diabetic. I use diet no sugar added root beer and soft churned ice cream. To get a nice delicious treat, less sugar, less fat. @Tommy -

Cherry cheesecake has been around for as long as I can remember in the U.S.. I always liked sweet and salty. Long before it came a thing that you can now buy. But I don't eat dairy anymore.

Hubby used to eat dill pickles & peanut butter sandwiches.

Now he eats peanut butter & small crackers at night,, calls them 'supper'.

Last time I bought dill pickles he said they were too sour, as I ate them with smile on my face.😏
I've noticed that I'm slipping into a similar Tea&Toast routine when it comes to supper.

Last night it was a glass of V-8 and buttered toast.

I wonder if it's a natural part of aging. :unsure:

Back