Update on Ivermectin; now in demand

I started a thread back in December, talking about evidence that a cheap, readily available drug called Ivermectin can actually prevent COVID-19. Here's the link:
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/drug-called-ivermectin-can-prevent-covid-19.55438/page-2

Ivermectin is finally being recommended as a prophylaxis as well as an early treatment for covid-19, but some countries still aren't on board.

This video is about studies, findings, conclusions. About 17 minutes long.

This one is about dire covid situation in India & Nepal, and that Ivermectin is being urgently recommended. About 30 minutes long.

Cheap, OTC and works, won't be around too much longer.
It was being prescribed since early in the pandemic, and this panel of doctors called the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) were tasked with researching treatments and managing protocols. Before a vaccine was created, they found evidence that Ivermectin actually prevented C-19, but when they asked our congress, the CDC, and WHO to fund approved trials and studies, they were turned down.

I suspect it's because there was a huge financial gain in creating a vaccine, and practically no profit in using Ivermectin to stop the spread, except for the company that was already producing it.

Considering that India's COVID situation has gone from bad to worse, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the reliability of their medical establishment.
Even less in their government. Nepal is covid-dire now, too - India's gov't allowed millions of India's migrant workers to go to Nepal, and then told them to get back into India a few weeks later. So they were there long plenty enough to spread the new variant.

Yes. It's use was encouraged by the FLCCC who asked for funding for a thorough trial, or to include it in protocol based on their good faith trials.
Here's what I found today:

There is another related (to covid) article in the Front Line Covid Critical Care (physicians) Alliance entitled Prevention and Treatment Protocols for COVID-19

The I-MASS Protocol was created for generalized distribution during mass outbreaks and in low-resource countries. To achieve maximal impact as well as ease of deployment with the lowest burden of required elements, the I-MASS treatment approach is centered on the fewest, core, high impact elements such as the drug Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic medicine that is on the WHO’s list of essential medicines, has been given 3.7 billion times around the globe, and has won the Nobel prize in 2015 for its global and historic impacts in eradicating endemic parasitic infections in many parts of the world.
Ivermectin has proven to be highly potent against COVID-19. It has shown antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties in observational and randomized controlled studies conducted throughout the world. Practitioners and Health Ministries who have adopted Ivermectin in treatment protocols report significant reductions in time to recovery, hospitalizations, and death. The use of Ivermectin as prophylaxis and prevention has also been proven in studies to reduce the spread of infection and offer protection to high-risk individuals.
Also included in the protocol are Vitamin D3, Melatonin, Aspirin, a multivitamin, a thermometer, and an antiseptic mouthwash. The evidence for supporting the other vitamins and medicine can be found here: https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/medical-evidence-and-optional-medicines/.
The FLCCC peer-reviewed paper summarizing this data has been published in the American Journal of Therapeutics: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/.
Further supportive information can also be found here: https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/.
Additional treatment protocols for COVID-19, including for hospitalized patients, can be found at https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/.
Support for Ivermectin in the use of prophylaxis can be found here: https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/ivermectin-as-prophylaxis-against-covid19-retrospective-cases-evaluati…
Disclaimer: The safety of Ivermectin in pregnancy has not been established. Particularly the use in the 1st trimester should be discussed with your doctor beforehand.
Some people may want to know about this.

The doctor in my videos up there is a very respected virologist in Britain; the spokesperson of the pandemic. In that longer video, he basically pleads with WHO and the CDC to push global Ivermectin treatment. And he was quite skeptical about Ivermectin through most of 2020, but he kept his eye on it, with an open mind.

Here's what I found today:

There is another related (to covid) article in the Front Line Covid Critical Care (physicians) Alliance entitled Prevention and Treatment Protocols for COVID-19

The I-MASS Protocol was created for generalized distribution during mass outbreaks and in low-resource countries. To achieve maximal impact as well as ease of deployment with the lowest burden of required elements, the I-MASS treatment approach is centered on the fewest, core, high impact elements such as the drug Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic medicine that is on the WHO’s list of essential medicines, has been given 3.7 billion times around the globe, and has won the Nobel prize in 2015 for its global and historic impacts in eradicating endemic parasitic infections in many parts of the world.
Ivermectin has proven to be highly potent against COVID-19. It has shown antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties in observational and randomized controlled studies conducted throughout the world. Practitioners and Health Ministries who have adopted Ivermectin in treatment protocols report significant reductions in time to recovery, hospitalizations, and death. The use of Ivermectin as prophylaxis and prevention has also been proven in studies to reduce the spread of infection and offer protection to high-risk individuals.
Also included in the protocol are Vitamin D3, Melatonin, Aspirin, a multivitamin, a thermometer, and an antiseptic mouthwash. The evidence for supporting the other vitamins and medicine can be found here: https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/medical-evidence-and-optional-medicines/.
The FLCCC peer-reviewed paper summarizing this data has been published in the American Journal of Therapeutics: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/.
Further supportive information can also be found here: https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/.
Additional treatment protocols for COVID-19, including for hospitalized patients, can be found at https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/.
Support for Ivermectin in the use of prophylaxis can be found here: https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/ivermectin-as-prophylaxis-against-covid19-retrospective-cases-evaluati…
Disclaimer: The safety of Ivermectin in pregnancy has not been established. Particularly the use in the 1st trimester should be discussed with your doctor beforehand.
Some people may want to know about this.
The doctor in my videos up there is a very respected virologist in Britain; the spokesperson of the pandemic. In that longer video, he basically pleads with WHO and the CDC to push global Ivermectin treatment. And he was quite skeptical about Ivermectin through most of 2020, but he kept his eye on it, with an open mind.

Saw this: Ivermectin obliterates 97 percent of Delhi cases

60b6c2dd40c03.image.jpg

Other Than Ivermectin, What Other Treatment Did WHO, CDC and Fauci Discourage? That would be HCQ. A friend set me this:

Cardiologist and Professor of Medicine Peter McCullough testified in Texas earlier this year. Dr. McCullough sees COVID patients and says 85% of COVID patients given multi-drug treatment plan recover from the disease with complete immunity. McCullough added, “The pandemic could have been over by now, he says, if those who tested positive for covid had been immediately treated before they fell ill enough to be hospitalized. He also says that thousands could have been, and still could be saved if the treatment protocol he and other physicians use were not suppressed.”
Dr. Fauci and the CDC and WHO suppressed this effective treatment plan and others. And hundreds of thousands of innocents died. And now this… The c19hcq.com website tracks all of the international studies on hydroxychloroquine and its effects on the coronavirus. There is now a new study and the results are SHOCKING! — HCQ for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 245 studies
HCQ is not effective when used very late with high dosages over a long period (RECOVERY/SOLIDARITY), but effectiveness improves with earlier usage and improved dosing. Early treatment consistently shows positive effects.
I linked the studies in question.

The whole world has been in Panic Mode, over this virus, for the past year. The rapid development of the vaccines, and their long term results, remains to be seen. I suspect, that as time passes, and more research is done, there will be several alternatives discovered, Meanwhile, the entire population is participating in the "clinical trials".

The whole world has been in Panic Mode, over this virus, for the past year. The rapid development of the vaccines, and their long term results, remains to be seen. I suspect, that as time passes, and more research is done, there will be several alternatives discovered, Meanwhile, the entire population is participating in the "clinical trials".
The problem with HCQ was that it was thought or known to be of potential use early on but was shut down by the media, WHO, CDC and others in the government. The seeming problem with both it and Ivermectin was that the patents had run out and there wasn't money to be made manufacturing it in quantities. Thus there was a major campaign against the drugs and anyone who suggested their use.

I have been reading a lot about COVID-19 and trying to tie in with Dr. Fauci’s e-mails. What got me started was when I read that a virologist had wrote that he thought the genomes in the virus had been manually engineered (manipulated). I was taken back by that statement. A few weeks later, then CDC Director and Virologist, stated on CBS that he thought it to be possible that the virus may have been leaked from a lab. Between these two advisements, I became very interested in getting some facts. It’s amazing at how much information us about the Coronavirus is available on the internet. It’s very difficult separating fact from theory.
Thanks. We should all be aware of the fact that the FDA, CDC and WHO don't approve of these covid protocols. At issue is why? Where are all the studies and what do they say?
Good question. If the virus was engineered and escaped from a lab, maybe there’s a lot more to this story. I had COVID and was very ill for months. Still tireder than usual and some food items don’t taste right.

I have been reading a lot about COVID-19 and trying to tie in with Dr. Fauci’s e-mails. What got me started was when I read that a virologist had wrote that he thought the genomes in the virus had been manually engineered (manipulated). I was taken back by that statement. A few weeks later, then CDC Director and Virologist, stated on CBS that he thought it to be possible that the virus may have been leaked from a lab. Between these two advisements, I became very interested in getting some facts. It’s amazing at how much information us about the Coronavirus is available on the internet. It’s very difficult separating fact from theory.

Good question. If the virus was engineered and escaped from a lab, maybe there’s a lot more to this story. I had COVID and was very ill for months. Still tireder than usual and some food items don’t taste right.
Well, I am very happy to hear you're recovering and asking questions. We need more folks asking questions and being open to ideas and answers. Also, you are spot on about the difficulty of separating fact from theory. Without the questions/theory/hypotheses, which is the very essence of the scientific method, we can't get to the facts.,

From The Epoch Times: Indian Bar Association Threatens to Sue WHO Chief Scientist for Spreading COVID-19 Misinformation.

The Indian Bar Association has taken legal action against the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan for allegedly spreading disinformation on the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19.
The association (IBA) served a legal notice (pdf) on Swaminathan on May 25, claiming that she was “spreading disinformation and misguiding the people of India, in order to fulfill her agenda” and sought to prevent her from “causing further damage.”
They further stated that Swaminathan, in her statements against the use of ivermectin, ignored research and clinical trials from two organizations—the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care (FLCCC) Alliance and the British Ivermectin Recommendation Development (BIRD)—who have presented solid data showing ivermectin prevents and treats COVID-19.
More at source.​

I have long had a gut feeling that the WHO was in some group's pocket, possibly China's.

Ivermectin | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines (nih.gov)

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

WHO advises that ivermectin only be used to treat COVID-19 within clinical trials

Can Ivermectin be used to treat COVID-19 (coronavirus)? (drugs.com)

"In summary, based on the totality of the trials and epidemiologic evidence presented in this review along with the preliminary findings of the Unitaid/WHO meta-analysis of treatment RCTs and the guideline recommendation from the international BIRD conference, ivermectin should be globally and systematically deployed in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19." Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19 (nih.gov)

"A 5-day course of ivermectin was found to be safe and effective in treating adult patients with mild COVID-19. Larger trials will be needed to confirm these preliminary findings." A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness - PubMed (nih.gov)

Back