US Marines 245th Birthday

RadishRose

SF VIP
iu

I have spent quite a bit of time with the Marines and I have had a lot of them work for me.
They were good at their jobs and always fun to have around.
But, LOL they were always up to something and "needed close watching."
You could "lose your shirt" if you were not careful.

But, these are the people you want around when things get rough.

Pecos,
Commander US Navy Retired

and never pass up an opportunity to go to one of their Birthday Balls. They do it right!

People used to ask me why did I join the Marines, instead of just waiting to be drafted. I didn't know it at the time that what I told them was the reason that some of the other guys joined also. I found this out while we were in boot camp. I thought the Marines had the best looking uniform.

I have spent quite a bit of time with the Marines and I have had a lot of them work for me.
They were good at their jobs and always fun to have around.
But, LOL they were always up to something and "needed close watching."
You could "lose your shirt" if you were not careful.

But, these are the people you want around when things get rough.

Pecos,
Commander US Navy Retired

and never pass up an opportunity to go to one of their Birthday Balls. They do it right!
The special forces guys were worse. They had a language of their own. Some of the words they spoke, I never knew what they were talking about. On the other hand, you wanted them with you if the crap started.

People used to ask me why did I join the Marines, instead of just waiting to be drafted. I didn't know it at the time that what I told them was the reason that some of the other guys joined also. I found this out while we were in boot camp. I thought the Marines had the best looking uniform.
They do have pretty sharp uniforms and one of the things that is good about the Corp is that they are strict in controlling the quality of their uniforms. The other services allow people to buy foreign made cheap stuff that uses substandard fabrics and poor construction. That is one reason why Marines look sharp. The other is their fitness levels and grooming standards.

Back