Vet Appointments for Pets--Everyone's

These are the kind of appointments i don't like.
This past Thursday Shaalee was not herself at all.....other than her tail down.....she kept licking her little bottom.....she was very agitated.....checked this out.....she had a soft lump by her bum hole....felt very hot....she was just not feeling well.
Left it for the nite, and called in the morning about bringing her in for a check.....the lump was bigger.
The receptionist i got was LESS THAN COMPASSIONATE......she said nothing open till next week wednesday......6 days away.
Was NOT HAPPY
After lunch went down to the vet and insisted on how she's very sick.
I talked to a different receptionist......she told me to go home and get her.....so i did thankfully.....and saw a vet within 15 minutes.
Shaalee had an annal abscess......the abscess was as big my thumb to my first joint.....wonder how long she had this on the inside before growing out ......
The vet said the appointment on the upcoming Wednesday, was not satisfactory.....she removed some puss with a needle, she lanced it, and squeezed a lot of puss matter out.......meanwhile.....she was a great little girl through all this.
Was prescribed antibiotics for 2 weeks, possibly another week after.
Kept Wednesday's appointment to have her bottom checked to see how it's doing.
She's back to being my sweet little girl.
One thing that a negative.....is the meds are a bit constipating.
I'm glad they got her in and helped her, poor thing.

Back