Vintage planes and vehicles Pics

When I look at the pictures of the planes, I think it is simply amazing how drastic of a change the jet engine made to flying. For example; when I look at the really old airplanes, I remember back when I was in training to be a pilot and some of the instructors who flew during WWII talked about when flying only centered around what we call using a stick and rudder.

Today, with the addition of the jet engine that added thrust to flying, also added flaps and slats, along with ailerons or speed brakes. Pilots today have to be so much more educated with not just flying, but it also helps to be a weatherman, as well. Automation and Fly By Wire Technology has added an incredible amount of safety to flying.
yes as a retired pilot you can appreciate the difference in just what amounts to a very few short decades since planes were first flown, and to when you started to fly them

I flew in a brand new G 650 Gulfstream private corporate jet not long ago. I thought that I had died and went to Heaven.
My friend, who still flies, was paid by the private owner, who I can’t divulge, to fly the plane from Houston up to New York and he asked me if I wanted to ride along. He didn’t have to twist my arm.

Back