Visiting Mother Conflict

I do get it. I'm not looking for approval just want to explain my wife & I cared for her mother that had alzheimers, we did this at no cost to other family members. When she died they were not in a position to help with expenses so we didn't ask. Some things in life are ours to take care of with no expectation of being paid.

As for badmouthing you on the internet. Maybe it's payback from you badmouthing relatives.

Jun 24, 2019
My daughter n son-in-law lack EMPATHY. I didn't raise her that way. Seems that they Hate people? I hear how they talk about his family. I feel like I want nothing to do with them?
Jun 24, 2019

Apr 14, 2019
About 30yrs ago 2 of my 2nd cousins did Horrible things to my grandparents, nothing physical, but financially ruined them. Who have long been deceased.

Setting aside the logistics, time and effort to care for the ill for your niece to post specific information about specific people where the actual name could be derived is ignorant right off the bat. It violates family and patient privacy. On facebook which is story in itself.

Also family pushing a narrative like a politician is not uncommon. The niece wants something in this case time off or relief. So rather than say she is tired of it period she's throwing how messed up she thinks the family is to help rationalize/justify her actions and opinion. She's basically trying to gather allies wether it be friends or family. Why does she need them?

Things like this is why we decided to take out a Long Term Care policy several years ago. We have good relationships with our family, and I would hope to keep it that way right up to the end. I would Hate to burden our kids/grandkids with our troubles should old age catch up with us.

These are Facts that I spoke of. The thing's my niece said we're NOT True,. There's a difference. We've been there for whatever they needed for our mother. You didn't live it we DID, and didn't blast it on Facebook for everyone to see.
Things like this is why we decided to take out a Long Term Care policy several years ago. We have good relationships with our family, and I would hope to keep it that way right up to the end. I would Hate to burden our kids/grandkids with our troubles should old age catch up with us.
That's great that you can afford to do that. I don't want to burden my children either. I told them to just put me in a convalescent home

I think you don't get it? My sister n Niece have been complaining that we don't visitor offer assistance. Which is Not True. She needs to speak to us and let us know what's going on? We don't Read mind's. I gurantee you, if someone in your family is putting mistrue information for the world to see, you would have a different opinion. Remember prospective employers see these kinds of things?
Sometimes it's good to just dwell on all the positive...and none of the negative
True, posting untrue negative things for the world to see is defamation of character, and has negative impact on whoever is targeted
However, posting anything negative, whether true or untrue, on the web (like here, for instance) results in nothing good

Maybe your niece is playing some type of psychological game with you by trying to get a reaction out of you. She knows that when she makes rules that you may not be able to abide by or make false statements about you and your siblings, then you come unglued and react.

This is what sociopaths do for enjoyment. It sounds sick (and is), but she gets her kicks from it. Maybe you should try cooling it for awhile and give her something to really complain about.

Sometimes it's good to just dwell on all the positive...and none of the negative
True, posting untrue negative things for the world to see is defamation of character, and has negative impact on whoever is targeted
However, posting anything negative, whether true or untrue, on the web (like here, for instance) results in nothing good
At least here most are completely anonymous. Here it's a niece complaining about their uncle. Facebook has names and other personal information attached to it. Facebook is a completely different animal. Many who started on facebook young probably have no clue about privacy and related issues.

Back