VPN or not VPN

If I click on the VPN link above it takes me to the vendor's site and at the top of the page, my IP address is displayed. Sites can track you using your IP address.

This is displayed without a VPN(it displays me full IPAddress and my service provider):
View attachment 272424

When I sign onto that website using VPN it shows this (not my IP address and not my service provider):
View attachment 272425
This makes me anonymous online and will prevent a lot of spam, unwanted advertising, and tracking.

I use Private Internet Access, it's inexpensive and doesn't slow things down too much.
I will have to take some time to check it out. I wasn't aware that the link would do that. My apologies.

VPN - Virtual Private Network, you can subscribe to many for a monthly fee, some better, some worse than your normal protection. Opera browser has a free one if you install the browser. It's not rated as highly as others. Advice I've read is it's not a catch all but does offer some protection, it masks your IP address preventing tracking, but it is not infallible & can allow some access. I use addons with Firefox, along with a firewall.

Best advice is to browse safe & don't open emails when in doubt. Monitor your financial sites closely. It's best for public accesses and deletes your info when shutdown preventing hacking your credentials after use. Better to use 'Tor' when browsing.

Last edited:

Back