Walking for Life!

Mitch86

I walk 2,000 steps in the morning and another 2,000 steps in the late afternoon. I use my Samsung phone and watches to track my walking, Oxygen levels when sleeping and sleep time and phases every day. I am 88 years old and never got cancer or heart disease. I also read the Bible using Logos every day. The verse for today in "Morning and Evening" is "16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” Extensive commentary is shown each day. I suggest every believer in Jesus should buy Logos Software.

Wonderful, @Mitch86 ... you go! I really need to start walking more... maybe it will be easier in the spring and summer. Certainly not tonight or tomorrow morning because we're in the middle of an ice storm. 🌨️

Wonderful, @Mitch86 ... you go! I really need to start walking more... maybe it will be easier in the spring and summer. Certainly not tonight or tomorrow morning because we're in the middle of an ice storm. 🌨️
I only walk outside if there is good weather with the outside temperature above 60 degrees and no very cold temperature nor rain nor snow. Then I do the same walking in my house around the main floor with my Amazon Echo Shows playing Christian Music. This is a sample:

Last edited:
It is 2 to 3 miles/day - no excuses as my house mate (dog) insists on his daily walks!! The dog is a border collie -an energetic dog that requires lots of exercise.

I'm a life long walker since I never felt comfortable behind the wheel
I take a early morning walk every day{weather permitting in winter its dicey at times} try to do another walk 2-3 times/day
When I was working, I would walk to my job at local hospital,3 days/ wk which was 8 blocks from my apt building
Its the best exercise, I rather be outside in fresh air than being inside at a gym

Back