Walking!

If the lighthouse was open to the public, I'd be in there like a dirty shirt, walking the top to enjoy the vantage point.
Do you know that this was a 2 1/2 hour walk and we only met one person and he was riding an electric bicycle and was about 70 years old. That’s how quiet it is around here. The only houses we saw were off in the distance, hill up in the hills. What a soul soothing journey that was.
I’m loving it here.

Do you know that this was a 2 1/2 hour walk and we only met one person and he was riding an electric bicycle and was about 70 years old. That’s how quiet it is around here. The only houses we saw were off in the distance, hill up in the hills. What a soul soothing journey that was.
I’m loving it here.
You've found the proverbial slice of heaven so many others spend a lifetime searching for, but never find.

Can get a little crowded with these lawn mowers getting in the way. But unlike bison they don't get upset if you get to close.

Attachments

• 20220701_060953.jpg
    20220701_060953.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220701_062722.jpg
    20220701_062722.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2
Sometimes it takes me a while to notice the dates. I'm new, so there is a need to get use to noticing the dates. Every so often I'm reacting to posts that are a few years old.
Long before there was any computer, walking was healthier and more people walked every day, often ten or more miles. They were usually much healthier than anyone today.
And the food supply prior to wwI was not so damaged as it has been every day since then, so people did not have to try so hard to find decent healthy food to eat.
i.e. the old ways that worked still work just like they used to, to remain healthy or to regain health.

I will agree, back in the day, people worked hard, and ate well. Their diet was more vegetable based than protein based. The combination of those things gave them overall good health. Now most of us have a car, don't walk, most don't live on a farm where they do the work. Raising there own animals for protein, growing their own vegetables and fruit. It was and still is probably the best way to live. For most that is no longer a possibility but if I had my choice I would rather do that.

While walking this morning I had two challengers.

One cheated & flew, the other I beat easily

Attachments

• 20220702_062344.jpg
    20220702_062344.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220702_062353.jpg
    20220702_062353.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 3
I am still a runner or as some call it a jogger. When I go running, I can still hear my Sergeant's voice from boot camp yelling cadence. Somethings get into my head and won't let go.

Back