Wanna Buy Some Chicks

My local Farm & Tractor Supply store still has annual “Chick Days” when you may go in to see the “peeps” cavorting in large galvanized tubs. It’s the only time when you can talk about going out to see some cute chicks without being thought lecherous…

AFC19BCF-0A9D-4F1A-8B9E-B3CB120D760E.jpeg

I love the innuendo of the thread title! Mismo, your sense of humor is refreshing!
My first thought was, “No way, I tried that once and almost went to jail!” They
really are cute and no one at the farm supply stores seems to mind if you pick up
their chicks either. It’s hard not to because, after all, they’re just so cute! Myself,
I’m kind of partial to the colored chicks but you only see them at Easter time.

hqdefault.jpg

I had a buddy, who was not the brightest bulb. Years ago, he read an ad about getting into the chicken'egg business. The ad was for 100 chicks for $10. He sent away, and 100 chicks showed up. That is 100 roosters. So, scratch the egg business. Raise the guys and sell them off. Except, roosters don't like each other, and fight to the death. So, scratch raising the boys, and selling them. It wasn't a pretty site.

I had a buddy, who was not the brightest bulb. Years ago, he read an ad about getting into the chicken'egg business. The ad was for 100 chicks for $10. He sent away, and 100 chicks showed up. That is 100 roosters. So, scratch the egg business. Raise the guys and sell them off. Except, roosters don't like each other, and fight to the death. So, scratch raising the boys, and selling them. It wasn't a pretty site.
My oldest brother had a similar experience with a 4H/Conservation project to raise pheasants.

Pheasants don't get along well in close quarters.

My brother had to fit the birds with spectacles or peepers in an effort to prevent them from attacking each other until they were old enough to be released.

pheasantwithspectacle.jpg
antipix-1.jpg

I love the innuendo of the thread title! Mismo, your sense of humor is refreshing!
My first thought was, “No way, I tried that once and almost went to jail!” They
really are cute and no one at the farm supply stores seems to mind if you pick up
their chicks either. It’s hard not to because, after all, they’re just so cute! Myself,
I’m kind of partial to the colored chicks but you only see them at Easter time.

hqdefault.jpg
Love these chicks.....

about the title...well my first shot said pick up..
.....then I thought about it so hastily changed it...don't wanna get all you guys excited at your agedreamy-eyes-.gif

Back