Wanting all our own way,....., is this ubiquitous?

Foolishly I've posted the above story on the wrong thread, so please excuse me, and when I can I will post it on the "I hate you", "You are horrible", etc thread in another forum section, (as I can't do so on this tablet).

Self-interest is the cardinal rule of human behavior, but in the give-and-take of actual life and human relationships, one does not simply get one's own way all of the time. How boring it would be if we did, plus we'd all devolve into insufferable narcissists! A benchmark I use is that if I get my own way 80% or so of the time, I'm doing quite well... 😺

Self-interest is the cardinal rule of human behavior, but in the give-and-take of actual life and human relationships, one does not simply get one's own way all of the time. How boring it would be if we did, plus we'd all devolve into insufferable narcissists! A benchmark I use is that if I get my own way 80% or so of the time, I'm doing quite well... 😺
"Very generous of you". :) !

When I was married I'd have been happy to get 20% success I'd guess. :(

"....quality of the contact that leading to it stopping,..."? Was there a signed contract by both mother and father of just what that "quality" is to be? Did the child tell her mother of the activities done with her father (that daughter enjoyed?), but mother resented her having enjoyed doing things with her father, so conned her daughter into believing many false hurtful things about her father (and the activities?) and thus their daughter thought him a bad influence? Sounds like that poor child may have been manipulated by a controlling false info giving mother.

Who doesn't want his/her own way? Maturity is learning to compromise, to graciously allow someone else's will to prevail sometimes, to understanding that we might not always know everything there is to know about a subject so it's appropriate to defer to those who do, to taking turns, and to putting our wants and needs aside because it's the kind thing to do at that moment.

"....quality of the contact that leading to it stopping,..."? Was there a signed contract by both mother and father of just what that "quality" is to be? Did the child tell her mother of the activities done with her father (that daughter enjoyed?), but mother resented her having enjoyed doing things with her father, so conned her daughter into believing many false hurtful things about her father (and the activities?) and thus their daughter thought him a bad influence? Sounds like that poor child may have been manipulated by a controlling false info giving mother.
Can I come back to you about this on the thread I meant to post the above details on, "when I've got time", (been called to fill in at short notice at a contract in south of England, so off to bed now to be ready for journey and shift tomorrow)?
Will let you know where I've posted it then, given time to think etc. :)

I've done it now, please see response to another forum member, that I believe puts into contexts the arguments and views you quite rightly put forward. (see "I hate you", "You are horrible" thread in the family and relationship section). (y) .

Back