WARNING Signs of a Manufactured Housing CRASH

hollydolly

SF VIP
Just watched this new Video.. thought as many of you in the US live or would like to live in a manufactured home you might be interested in this...

Liberty

Obviously the manufactured homes are increasing in cost due to the upsurge in pricing of "stick built" homes. The cost of remodeling is skyrocketing, so that's a big factor in deciding what you want to do. With a new manufactured home, everything is well "new" so nothing has to be done. Sell your neighborhood house and buy a manufactured one, maybe? Especially if you are older and don't want to be bothered with yard work. Supply and demand does it every time. Crazy, for sure.

Jules

The price of lumber is way up - there’s a shortage.

Houses, not just manufactured, are selling over asking and fast.

Interest rates are low & people want to enter the market. If the rates go back up and they can’t make the payments, there’ll be lots of places available for less.

digifoss

There is one company is already building a manufactured home plant just east of town, and a second company is negotiating to build one on the west side of town. Both of these companies build their manufactured homes out of the metal containers hauled on ships and rail. There is also a shortage of housing in the area so one of the things they are proposing is to build two new communities using their manufactured houses for the homes.

The price of lumber is way up - there’s a shortage.

Houses, not just manufactured, are selling over asking and fast.

Interest rates are low & people want to enter the market. If the rates go back up and they can’t make the payments, there’ll be lots of places available for less.
I totally agree with all you said except for one thing. Does anyone buy a variable interest (adjusted rate) loan anymore? So I have relatives buying homes, fixed-rate 30 years and they'll pay much less than renting from the get go. Then considering their housing payments are fixed for 30 years...wow! They won't be able to rent and thus maybe there will be a shortage. (Though, I did get a D in economics :unsure:)