We Have a Tornado Warning

I'm going to close the blinds. I just took doggie out and it was ok out there but the tornado winds haven't got here yet. The sky has some very dark clouds. It may be a while till it's very near. Thanks for the tips everyone.

I'm watching the radar news now. It's South East of here now. Also heard a report for directly east of here.

A tornado can ruin your whole day. We had one that started as a waterspout in the gulf, then it came ashore and tore off a chunk of our roof.
We were not home at the time and our little 4 pound Chihuahua was very distressed. The fire dept came and nailed plastic over the opening to keep the pouring rain out.

I don't think we have a tornado warning for my county any longer. Not totally sure yet, though. That foreboding tornado siren my city set off left me quite shook! It's a horrible noise it makes. I think about 4 other counties SE of here still have warnings. Now to calm down...easier said than done!

Keep away from the windows.... hopefully all will be well, and it'll pass you by.

I remember the last Tornado we had in Spain, I was home alone, it took the roof of my house including the 7 feet wide Satellite dish.. and flattened 2 Palm trees in my front garden.. terrifying... :eek:
Sounds awful hd! I would have had a heart attack probably!

A tornado can ruin your whole day. We had one that started as a waterspout in the gulf, then it came ashore and tore off a chunk of our roof.
We were not home at the time and our little 4 pound Chihuahua was very distressed. The fire dept came and nailed plastic over the opening to keep the pouring rain out.
Yikes! Poor doggie! Sounds bad. We have been having waterspouts in Lake Erie nearby lately.

Tornadoes, IMO, are one of the worst storms....in that, there is usually little or no warning when one hits. We lived in Wichita, KS., for a few years, back in the late 60's, and it was a rare year that we didn't have to suddenly dive into the tornado shelter 3 or 4 times, and hoped the house would still be there when we surfaced. Other storms and weather conditions do far more damage, but at least people have some time to prepare....not so with a tornado.

We've been under a "tornado watch" since mid afternoon, as a couple of strong fronts passed through the area. There was a confirmed sighting about 40 miles from us, and several in the NW part of Missouri....which caused some minor damage. Luckily, all we got was about an hour of fairly heavy rain and some strong wind gusts. It's kind of late in the year for these kinds of storms....another sign of how the weather seems to be changing.

We've been under a "tornado watch" since mid afternoon, as a couple of strong fronts passed through the area. There was a confirmed sighting about 40 miles from us, and several in the NW part of Missouri....which caused some minor damage. Luckily, all we got was about an hour of fairly heavy rain and some strong wind gusts. It's kind of late in the year for these kinds of storms....another sign of how the weather seems to be changing.
Oh Don, I hope everything will be ok and it doesn't effect you and your family. Those warnings are scary.

I have been through many hurricanes living near the coast in the southeast but tornadoes are a whole different animal. l don't like it when there are tornado warnings at night because you cannot see them. All you can do is listen. Stay safe.

Back