What are unvaccinated people thinking?

It is being reported that the reason CDC is calling for masking again is because there's new data that suggests vaccinated individuals are showing higher levels of virus and the ability to infect others. If true, that they're not sharing this with the public is understandable (i.e., politics). Also on the wires is data out of Israel showing the population at over 80% vaccinated, but the new cases of Covid are about 84% with vaccinated individuals. Having seen this from multiple sources, there is a good probability it is true. Is ADE in play?

Have found the same here,
I have never tried to get someone who is unvaccinated to get vaccinated. Generalizations are, IMO, of no use at all. I believe everyone has a right to choose to be vaccinated or not. Just as they have a right to get sick and risk dying a horrific death.

In fact, at the risk of sounding uncaring, the healthy able to be vaccinated people who don’t get vaccinated, should, as soon as possible, expose themselves to the Covid virus in order to gain natural protection for themselves, contribute toward herd immunity, and protect the people the unvaccinated expose themselves to.

At the present time the long term negative effects of the virus vs. the long term negatives effects of being vaccinated seem to be in favor of the virus-as I have heard of long haulers in terms of the virus; but not in terms of the vaccinated.

I would simply suggest that the unvaccinated people, who go out and about mask less, make sure their affairs are in order. This will spare their relatives time and expense.

Last edited:
It is being reported that the reason CDC is calling for masking again is because there's new data that suggests vaccinated individuals are showing higher levels of virus and the ability to infect others. If true, that they're not sharing this with the public is understandable (i.e., politics). Also on the wires is data out of Israel showing the population at over 80% vaccinated, but the new cases of Covid are about 84% with vaccinated individuals. Having seen this from multiple sources, there is a good probability it is true. Is ADE in play?
🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s the Delta variety of Covid that is the problem. I have heard, on the news, you can be infected within 15 seconds when unvaccinated. I have not heard how fast you can be infected if you have been vaccinated. In any event, I a, sure the scientists are working on a vaccine for the Delta Covid and will give it as a booster shot. I’d get a booster shot every month if possible. 😊

🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s the Delta variety of Covid that is the problem. I have heard, on the news, you can be infected within 15 seconds when unvaccinated. I have not heard how fast you can be infected if you have been vaccinated. In any event, I a, sure the scientists are working on a vaccine for the Delta Covid and will give it as a booster shot. I’d get a booster shot every month if possible. 😊
What about the Columbian and Brazilian variants?

They're both spreading rapidly down south, especially in areas where people are coming in from those countries. Will you have to have an mRNA jab for every variant? Regardless, we now know that vaccines aren't going to stop covid.
Yes, I will. I prefer to die in my sleep or suddenly by whatever cause. I AM DNI/DNR. Death by drowning in my own fluids does not appeal to me.

Yes, I will. I prefer to die in my sleep or suddenly by whatever cause. I AM DNI/DNR. Death by drowning in my own fluids does not appeal to me.
A rather sarcastic, but thinking, individual made this grim observation on another forum: Ingenious. Push people to get the shot, they become spreaders, then blame the new variant and the unvaxxed, more people are scared into getting the shot, and they become spreaders. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
A rather sarcastic, but thinking, individual made this grim observation on another forum: Ingenious. Push people to get the shot, they become spreaders, then blame the new variant and the unvaxxed, more people are scared into getting the shot, and they become spreaders. Rinse and repeat.

I've been saying the same thing for the last 18 months. In fact, they've been doing the same thing for centuries.
What they did in 1918 <-- is the same thing they're doing again now.

Last edited:
Had I known what I know now, I'm not sure that I would have been vaccinated. The Cleveland Clinic has stated that natural immunity is better than vaccinations, so since I did have COVID, I should have better antibodies or more antibodies or whatever the vaccines are producing that I should have been able to take a pass on taking the vaccine. Yes, no, what?

Last edited:
Had I known what I know now, I'm not sure that I would have been vaccinated. The Cleveland Clinic has stated that natural immunity is better than vaccinations, so since I did have COVID, I should have better antibodies or more antibodies or whatever the vaccines are producing that I should have been able to take a pass on taking the vaccine. Yes, no, what?
Yes or no is hard to answer.

I have wondered if a person with natural immunity and given the vaccine, does the vaccine mess with that persons immunity in a sense that it could cause mixed signals causing future problems with a persons immunity response?

I have wondered if a person with natural immunity and given the vaccine, does the vaccine mess with that persons immunity in a sense that it could cause mixed signals causing future problems with a persons immunity response?
I wondered the same. We will find out in a few years what the outcome will be. It scares me the way they are pushing this new vaccine and now giving it to the very young. The mandate of wearing the mask again will be a turn off for people deciding to get the vaccine IMHO.

I solved that problem. Every 14 seconds, I run back in the house, then I go out again, & run back in.
I've already lost 15 lbs.

Apparently, more people are making the decision to get vaccinated. .

Yesterday was the highest level of vaccinations in weeks. 500,000 new people vaccinated in the USA and 750,000 total doses administered. This follows the news that searching for Where to find a vaccination? has had a small but signifcant upward turn. We'll see what happens from here.

My wife and I have been running in circles dealing with one pandemic or epidemic after another for decades in the heathcare arena.
If it wasn't a bird flu or a swine flu or any number of other viral diseases like HIV/AIDS, it was Hep-C or small pox threats or anthrax or one of many government weaponized organisms secretly developed and tested on unknowing civilians. There are literally millions of bacterial and viral diseases out there that each of us is actively fighting off every day. It's all part of the cycle of life. We're all part of the process of living and dying.
In dealing with untold hundreds (maybe thousands) of people at the end of their lives over these past decades, I don't recall but a small handful who lamented the time they spent here amongst the living so much as I recall the regrets they had in not living as full a life as they thought they should have with the time given. I'm not so worried of dying from COVID or from a vaccine that does/does not work as much as I'm worried about dying with my own bag of regrets about life......because a lifetime caring for the sick and the injured has taught me one thing, in the end, I am going to die. I want to be ok with myself when that time comes.

Apparently, more people are making the decision to get vaccinated. .

Yesterday was the highest level of vaccinations in weeks. 500,000 new people vaccinated in the USA and 750,000 total doses administered. This follows the news that searching for Where to find a vaccination? has had a small but signifcant upward turn. We'll see what happens from here.
Several factors are influencing the uptick in vaccinations include the Delta variant and those wise individuals who want to continue getting employment income.

"Billionaire Ken Langone told CNBC on Wednesday that all of his businesses will mandate employees be vaccinated against Covid once the shots receive full approval from the Food and Drug Administration.

“You get the FDA to say it’s final, it’s approved, and I can guarantee you all the places I’m involved in, if you don’t get vaccinated you will get fired,” Langone said on “Squawk Box.” “You have an obligation to your fellow man to protect him as well as yourself.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/get...witter_impression=true&recirc=taboolainternal

I don't think a fired individual can collect unemployment. So a preference to stay unvaccinated might entail starting one's own business. Being your own boss. Not a bad alternative, I guess.🤷‍♂️

Several factors are influencing the uptick in vaccinations include the Delta variant and those wise individuals who want to continue getting employment income.

"Billionaire Ken Langone told CNBC on Wednesday that all of his businesses will mandate employees be vaccinated against Covid once the shots receive full approval from the Food and Drug Administration.

“You get the FDA to say it’s final, it’s approved, and I can guarantee you all the places I’m involved in, if you don’t get vaccinated you will get fired,” Langone said on “Squawk Box.” “You have an obligation to your fellow man to protect him as well as yourself.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/get...witter_impression=true&recirc=taboolainternal

I don't think a fired individual can collect unemployment. So a preference to stay unvaccinated might entail starting one's own business. Being your own boss. Not a bad alternative, I guess.🤷‍♂️
"I don't think a fired individual can collect unemployment."

I think they can but its a longer waiting period to receive benefits. ???

My wife and I have been running in circles dealing with one pandemic or epidemic after another for decades in the heathcare arena.
If it wasn't a bird flu or a swine flu or any number of other viral diseases like HIV/AIDS, it was Hep-C or small pox threats or anthrax or one of many government weaponized organisms secretly developed and tested on unknowing civilians. There are literally millions of bacterial and viral diseases out there that each of us is actively fighting off every day. It's all part of the cycle of life. We're all part of the process of living and dying.
In dealing with untold hundreds (maybe thousands) of people at the end of their lives over these past decades, I don't recall but a small handful who lamented the time they spent here amongst the living so much as I recall the regrets they had in not living as full a life as they thought they should have with the time given. I'm not so worried of dying from COVID or from a vaccine that does/does not work as much as I'm worried about dying with my own bag of regrets about life......because a lifetime caring for the sick and the injured has taught me one thing, in the end, I am going to die. I want to be ok with myself when that time comes.

Nice post.

It reminded me of a line in the Jimmy Buffet song, Growing Older But Not Up:

“I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.”

My goal is to live longer than my father who died 3 months short of his 101 birthday.
If booster shots are going to be the norm,, I'll be getting one.

Meantime I'll sit back & read what the scientist think about the spread of Covid & its variants.
Why do you want to live that long? I would hate to live that long.

More good news on the use of the mRNA vaccines. If a person decides to get a vaccine he or she might want to seriously consider the mRNA type if that is available. But note that no vaccine is a perfect defense against infection and full blown Covid.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/07/overlooked-superpower-mrna-vaccines

A U.S. study used a different design, testing nearly 4000 front-line workers weekly, regardless of whether they had symptoms. Full vaccination with either Pfizer or Moderna vaccines was 90% effective against any infection, researchers reported in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. And in a study of more than 23,000 U.K. health care workers tested every 2 weeks, most of whom were vaccinated with the Pfizer jab, vaccination was 85% effective against infection.

These studies were conducted before the spread of the Delta variant, for which real-world data on asymptomatic infection are still lacking. But lab studies are promising, suggesting mRNA vaccines may inhibit asymptomatic Delta infection, too. Last week, separate groups at New York University and Yale University posted preprints analyzing blood serum from people vaccinated with the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Antibodies generated by those vaccines lost little of their potency against the Delta variant.

Last edited:

Back