What are you cooking or baking today?

@dobielvr I will have to try that when the zukes come in this summer in the garden. I'm always looking for other ways to eat them.

The one low carb recipe we found years ago is cutting them in rounds at least 1/4" or a little more thick. We fry up chopped bacon first & then remove it when crisp. Zukes sprinkled with salt & sauteed in bacon fat until tender. We whisk 1/2 C heavy cream to two egg yolk (total amount depends on how much zuke you make) & add that stirring constantly until thickened. Add the bacon back in & pepper to taste. It's like a carbonara.

I have plans to try and cook stir fry rice/veggie/onion/beef/
I think that is it.....dunno how it will turn out cause I have not
tried this in years....but my last purchase of chinese food
has triggered me....will see how it goes....oh answer this if
you want, why do we have to cook the rice in water first
then in stir fry ??? 🍜🥢

@hawkdon, I've never tried making fried rice even though I like it. You had me curious about to cook first or not. Here is a link that makes sense using day old rice: Why Day-Old Rice Makes the Best Fried Rice

Someone else may have better information.
Thanks Lilac, I now remember seeing this before...btw the first
time I "fried rice and eggs" I just broke the eggs right into
the rice that was frying in the wok LOL....not quite right!!!

Welp, I did it....came out pretty good if I say so.....big frypan
full of fried rice, mixed veggies, whole can of cut mushrooms,
lots of green onions sliced, lots of Hoisin Sauce, soy sauce, garlic chopped, and of course beef...I think it tastes pretty
good for a old beginner...LOL...got enuff for several days
at least......no chopsticks tho..!!! 🥢 🍜 :p

Had to replace our old Charbroil grill that had seen better days. We bought the same model again, a 2-burner infrared, but this one had something extra - a griddle top. So now hubby is trying it out with cooking some onions & peppers on top for smash burgers.

Back