What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 7 am and miracle of miracle, toddler grandson is still asleep. Shhh... He'll be calling for me any time, but for now I'll enjoy the solitude of the morning, my first cup of coffee and my dear SF friends.

Yesterday I leaned over something (can't recall exactly what), didn't quite clear it though I'd expected I would, and injured the right side of my ribs big time. Hurts when I breathe deeply, twist my torso in any way, or pick up GS.

I hate being old. Yeah, it beats the alternative, but it's still a drag.

Today I treated my youngest grandson and honorary daughter (his mom) to lunch. We went to a diner the next town over and each of us enjoyed our food so much!
@OneEyedDiva
Love those Jersey Diners, they are the best!
I was thinking the same thing, Pepper. I really & truly miss Jersey diners.

After baby GS leaves today, it'll be a calm evening. We'll probably watch an east coast TV feed for their midnight, so 9 pm for us, and will go to bed around 10, as is our habit. These days, it takes something a lot more interesting than the turning of the calendar page to entice me to stay up until midnight.

Made waffles for breakfast as son was heading back to MI.
Before he left he went down to Emericare to get the incision drained.😷

His blood work report was there.
Learned he had had a serous infection which was affecting his body!:eek:

Fortunately the meds were taking care of it.

Hope he reaches his home safe & sound.
That he continues to care for his incision.🫰🫰

It's 7 am and miracle of miracle, toddler grandson is still asleep. Shhh... He'll be calling for me any time, but for now I'll enjoy the solitude of the morning, my first cup of coffee and my dear SF friends.

Yesterday I leaned over something (can't recall exactly what), didn't quite clear it though I'd expected I would, and injured the right side of my ribs big time. Hurts when I breathe deeply, twist my torso in any way, or pick up GS.

ooooh that sounds very painful Star... is it a muscle thing, can you take a muscle relaxant , see if that'll help ?

Hi, boys and girls. I'm home. It was a busy day in the bakery, and NL was out sick:sick: so I was alone. Working alone is hard! Worked the whole six hours...oh, my. Tired! Tomorrow's a day off, and I hope NL is able to work tomorrow because Sir won't be back until Tuesday. Anyway, not my problem, and their policy is to not call anyone in who's got a regular day off. Even if she can't make it, the world won't end.

It was only 27 when I got up this morning. Already 54. Yay. Sunny, too. No wind.

@jujube I'm gonna do the trash thing, too. It's going out before dark. I won't create any trash between dark o'clock and tomorrow morning so my trash tomorrow will be new and fresh;) Doncha just love new and fresh trash? :ROFLMAO:

DSIL has a day off tomorrow, too. You know, like he had Christmas Day off:rolleyes: If it's a holiday, it's a lead pipe cinch that somebody will call out sick, requiring him to go in.

Anyway, the dinner plan is to have pork tenderloin (I get to cook it), collards ( :sick: ), black-eyed peas and whatever all else is supposed to bring good luck in the new year.

I got a text at work this morning from DS wanting to know how to boil an egg. Right. I told him. He's 62 and didn't know how to boil an egg? Where did I go wrong?

Last edited:
Momy day was good. We had a nice afternoon, sitting in the barn, by the heater. We had a few drinks and ate, then went for a walk. It was really nice.

That's the extant of my New Year's celebration.....I'm such a party animal!!!
emoticon

I hope you are all staying safe tonight. Happy New Year!

Ouch, StarSong! I hope you didn't crack a rib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back