What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then in the evening he heard something,jumped on hubby's office chair, stood barking at his reflection in the window.
Even after I stood beside him ,picking him up, petting him still grumbling at the window.
Perhaps there really had been something outside that puppy had scared away.

I don't have a fireplace, never wanted one but I'd probably opt for gas too if I did. I don't like the smell of wood burning fireplaces. As far as what I'm doing to day....a lot of nothing! I did run the dishwasher, watched a little T.V. and caught up with some social networking here. But I have not done a thing that I planned to do today chore wise. I think my body is telling me it's tired...and I'm listening.
It's been a long time since I have had a fireplace. Moved down to Florida from New York thirty years ago. Today, I am in dialog with the bulk email contractor that sends out my comic strip for seniors, "The Byrds" every week to subscribers.

Hitting the Asian market this morning for Thai Spring Roll ingredients for dinner this evening. Daughter's family is coming over for dinner and maybe a game of some sort.

I'll prep everything for the spring rolls in advance including the dipping sauces. Everyone enjoys selecting ingredients and rolling their own!

Grandson here ripping out carpet in the spare room. I'm going to replace it with something different. He's also doing his laundry here as his apartment washing machine is broken.

Son will be coming over later to try to deal with the bee situation I have under the deck. I don't know what he's gonna do but the HOA doesn't call me back..

Grandson here ripping out carpet in the spare room. I'm going to replace it with something different. He's also doing his laundry here as his apartment washing machine is broken.

Son will be coming over later to try to deal with the bee situation I have under the deck. I don't know what he's gonna do but the HOA doesn't call me back..
Beeeeeeee very very careful around those bees! :oops:

Can you find someone who owns an apiary? They will gladly come and remove the bees for you. Around here they’re protected.

Can you find someone who owns an apiary? They will gladly come and remove the bees for you. Around here they’re protected.
No I don't Jules but I'll keep my eyes open. I don't want them killed but I got stung because they tried to get in the house and I had to swat a few. Can't use the slider anymore because the nest seems to be under the deck right by the slider door. I'll figure something out, thanks.

I was awakened this morning at 5:30 by a brief thunderstorm,was able to go back to sleep for 45 min
My earl walk at 6:40 was to get some milk,no need for me to water the plants/flowers in community garden,
I took a 'time out'from church this morning,didn't feel like walking in the rain,instead I vacuumed living room rug
After lunch,& short nap, walked halfway down my street until it started to rain again,I did not have my umbrella with me.The rest of my day reading local paper,my book.The sun finally came out around 3pm

I spent about 5 hours mowing today....the entire yard, and the big meadow below the house. We finally got a nice break from the brutal heat, so I took advantage of this mild weather. Tomorrow, I'll probably spend 3 or 4 hours weed whacking around the dozens of trees and along the roadway. Now, relax for a few minutes, take a shower, and plop down in the recliner after Supper, and probably take a nap while watching TV.

Went for a country drive, stopped to use the ATM, did a bit of shopping. Enjoyed the scenery, including the low-hanging clouds.

Yesterday, daughter came over and hubby helped her cut her hair. It's very thick, and was very long. I think she was happy with the end result. We got to see son-in-law and their corgi, Abbi. As usual, Nana (that's me) gave her a small treat .. cheese today. Other times, it's apple slices, or a low-salt cracker.

@Aneeda72 .. Just don't overdo, physically. How are the stitches?
Thanks for asking. The infection is gone 😆and it finally looks closed. Stitches are inside so can see them, they self absorb, and the tape has all come off now. I no longer need to wear attends 😂, to avoid underwear rubbing in incision.

Best Buy is trying life support for computer but it is a pretty bad. Either way I will need a new one. I don’t mind getting a new one while I have the money. I just hate losing all my info on the old one. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s so hard to reinstall stuff and I am a computer dummy.

We have so many cardinals that we have to bag all the vehicle mirrors
Those don't sound like they are any of my cardinals. :oops::rolleyes::LOL:
Mine are all quite polite, and they don't go near the vehicles.;)
(I do know that cardinals sometimes do that, though)

Just wondering though, Do you have enough shubbery and trees nearby? And interesting, challenging feeders for them to occupy themselves with?:unsure:

By the way, I remembered that I did see a couple of hummingbirds this summer, going to the flowers near my window. :)

Those don't sound like they are any of my cardinals. :oops::rolleyes::LOL:
Mine are all quite polite, and they don't go near the vehicles.;)
(I do know that cardinals sometimes do that, though)

Just wondering though, Do you have enough shubbery and trees nearby? And interesting, challenging feeders for them to occupy themselves with?:unsure:

By the way, I remembered that I did see a couple of hummingbirds this summer, going to the flowers near my window. :)
Yes, they live and breed in the thickets all over our property. In fact, they are the most common bird we see.
And it's always the males causing all the mayhem......but we really don't mind.

Ever since we planted a 20lb sack of wildflower seeds in the beds surrounding our house and hung the hummingbird feeders, we've had a surge in hummingbirds.......which feed in the flowers as much as the feeders.

It's all very charming.

Well it's sunny this morning , so I've just spent a while out in the back garden, cutting back some of my Neighbours branches which are encroaching over my fence.. , and trimming the Ivy pole which is a 7 feet concrete obelisk in the garden which is covered in thick Ivy...( I dislike it hubs loves it) ...

Later when it dries up more , I'll cut the front garden hedge.. which has shot up into straggles due to the torrential rains we've had this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back