What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@moviequeen1, I love the name of your group, "Canopy of Neighbors." You all obviously care about each other and look forward to the checking-in.

Yesterday morning, it was in the mid-60s. When we took the cover off the pool it steamed like a spa/Jacuzzi! The solar cover has been keeping it at a perfect 88-91 degrees, even with nights that drop into the 60s.

It was sheer heaven to swim in that glorious warmth for 45 minutes or so before breakfast. (Daytime temps are low to mid 90s.)

My day? Well, DH & I are nearly completely retired from our small business - we retained about 25%. We did some work last week so after breakfast I'll be invoicing and catching up on paperwork/spreadsheets.
Hi Starsong,thanks for kind kind words about the org I volunteer /am a member of.For more info about Canopy of Neighbors here is the website:
www.canopyofneighbors.org Sue

My DVD player started dying last week. I found a new one at Target. Last week, it was so crowded, I couldn't find any parking, so I left. Today, I got there when they opened.
After an hour, I figured out how to connect everything. I'm not good at things like that.

My aide finally showed up yesterday, well, after I called her. She cleaned my bathroom and kitchen and cleaned the floors. The floors were badly neglected. I just could not do them myself. She did a good job. So I am inspired to do some more organizing of things today. After I clean the bunny cage. No real plans today.

Going to go to Lowes to get some potting soil and flowers for our 4 pots out front. The last flowers didn’t last long so will have to ask what flowers can take this Florida heat.
Yesterday, took my wife to get her toe nails cut. Stopped for coffee and a couple scratch off tickets. Won $20. Spent $10.

Today I've transferred a whole rail of clothing from one room to another from downstairs to upstairs... it took 10 trips.. :rolleyes:

It's been sunny, and warm, so I sat out in the garden with my headphones on listening to a podcast, and noticed the Ivy needed trimming back around the brick shed, so I got the ladders and shears out, and did that.. surprised at just how much needed done, it grows so fast , barely a month can go by without it needing trimmed back.

Well further on from my post an hour or so ago..I was clearing out the stationary cupboard and underneath one of the baskets I came across a whole bundle of love letters my first husband sent to me while he was in the Navy and at sea in '78.. and I found my mothers' wedding ring which I thought was lost...:oops:

Last edited:
Thus far today, I've been a joey to my o/h who has been d-i-y-ing in my new office room... fetching and carrying for him... he's got a week off so he can get this job finished hopefully quite quickly now. I've also got the roses around and above the front door trimmed back while he's working on the other stuff...
Hoping tomorrow I'll be able to get to a hair salon for the first time since lockdown in March

Planning a trip to Costco and then to a special pharmacy that compounds doggie Xanax for my very anxious pup. I want to get all errands run today and tomorrow, partly to avoid crowded stores during upcoming holiday weekend and partly because it's going to get hot, hot, hot!

96 today, and gradually increasing to a peak of 112 this weekend. The considerable silver lining of our desert climate is that summer nights are 30 degrees (sometimes more) cooler than daytime highs. While it's a dry heat, 112 is unbearably hot no matter how low the humidity.

I was going to get more items to add to canning tomatoes,, then hubby cam in looking for auto insurance cards.
Every one that I found was out of date.
He went down to the office,, door locked,,no face to face service.
Not happy when he came back.

So he called & they finally agreed to email us the cards.
He's off to get car inspected.

Hubby had large wart removed from behind his ear yesterday,, so he's in some pain from that.
I think its going to be "one of those days.":sick:

This morning I carefully washed and wrapped a set of old cut sherry glasses and sets of old cut strawberry diamonds & fans tumblers, iced tea glasses similar to this one.

NrXKZv6C2C82X6-GRoxV9Y5oh4qE3PHzL6LHVI1L1Ij_iwcFf52BRHOGv5i1btJVFoYtcHyYg_OvWhhR9o-BWiNkVp8ckpcc8sV_38i0Q1SesNlNp8vrMxIIU0M4dRe4EQhjbfMmm4y4vTtJ-rdRkJ7C2Z_DKZ6smbB3DRU_gi1TJSsEGLPgEOlmVLllllXqzg

I also wrapped and packed several odds and ends of Irish crystal.

I took the three boxes to the local Goodwill and placed them on a cart that had been left outside the door for that purpose. As I was leaving a young woman came out to collect the cart and one of the cartons bounced off as it went over the threshold. When the young woman picked up the box it made a lovely tinkling sound.

Sic transit gloria mundi :(

This afternoon I'm sorting and boxing up books.

Useful things, for a change. I've been in a total funk, procrastinating on just about everything, no energy. I've been working with a grief counselor, and he suggested making a To-Do list. He said to list every single thing than needs to be done, no matter how small the job is. He said if I could cross out even one item a day, I'd start to feel better. And he's right. I've accomplished more today than I have in months. Putting those black lines through completed tasks is addictive...

One of those days continued,, Finally we made it to the store & bought most of items on my list.
I did learn that store can't seem to get coffee filters.

Hubby wanted rotisserie chicken from the other store.
We pull into parking lot,, the guy taking in carts tells hubby your tire is low.
Nothing like that news to make your trip into store a quickie.
Thankfully we didn't have far to go & could limp home .

To work off my fustrations ,, think I'll go weed wack.

Today I stained our rear deck. We are supposed to have several mild and dry days till Labor Day, so I will take advantage of this nice weather and get a lot of outdoor work done. Tomorrow I will stain the front deck...may take two days to get that done. Then, hopefully I can get a bunch of mowing done before the next round of rainy weather comes in on Labor Day.

Today I had no plans,when I took my early walk at 7:15am it was humid/breezy
I went on my mid morning walk at 10:15 went by my childhood home which is 3 blocks from my apt.I got home in the nick of time because 5 min later the heavens opened but the rain didn't last long At the moment,4:58 it looks like its going to rain again at least the humidty is gone
The rest of my day been reading NYT,my book.

I'm doing very little today. There's heavy rain, and it's just nice to be indoors all cosy & dry... Hubs is still doing stuff in the my new office room, getting that ready, it's almost all done now, he built the new executive chair which is white leather, and a little smaller than the rich burgundy exec chair I currently use, just a few more added touches needed.. and the room should be finished by the weekend

Spoke to my daughter in Spain on the phone today..we speak every day on whatsapp , but around once a month we speak on zoom or by phone..

I'm looking for some storage baskets online, and I have a design in my mind , but I just can't find anything that suits..

Well so far cooked dog food, went for a long walk before the real heat hits. Was a tad late, that sun is hot.
This afternoon some research on tech on Wifi signals and possible damages. Then feet up for a bit before going out for a paddle later.
A nice easy day.... :) :) 🇨🇦

I cleaned Maggiecat's litter box and vacuumed. Is that enough or do I have to do more because it's too early to spend the rest of the day just sitting around on my dead center?

Getting ready for my garage sale this weekend, in between goofing off a lot. It takes me a few days prior to the sale to get things organized when I have to do it all by myself. (these are pics from a sale last year)

View attachment 120895View attachment 120896View attachment 120897View attachment 120898View attachment 120899
I could swear you said the yard sale is the 19th?

[QUOTE="GeorgiaXplant, post: 1469057, member: 537"

I could swear you said the yard sale is the 19th?
[/QUOTE]

I am having a sale this weekend which is independent from the village-wide sale on the 19th, which I will also participate in, weather permitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back