What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 8 friends over for my birthday. It was on 1-9-22, but my ex GF wanted to come & she needed to wait to take time off work in AZ where she lives. Someone brought "Baclava." I'll be dreaming about it tonight. It was worth the extra insulin.
Good thing someone took the rest of it home so it wouldn't be here.........

Well it feels like raw ice out in the garden today, but I had to go out anyway and just generally tidy up plants etc....

Other than the general daily chores, I've just stayed home in the warm with my big chunky lambswool jersey on... and spent some time clearing up old pictures and files from my Computer..

It's 2.30pm.. I had breakfast sausage and Omelette for brunch, and some Brazil nuts for a little snack at lunchtime..

I've got no plans for today.. I was going to take the car and have it washed but I'll wait for another day.. it's too chilly to venture out..

Yesterday I made a pretty good start at clearing my desk and its general area - a bigger chore than it sounds - and should be able to finish it off today. Will have a relatively quick masked, outdoor visit with our daughter's family. DD and SIL are both teachers and their two children are school age. They're all in schools where Covid is running wild - roughly 25% absenteeism so they don't want to take any chances with us.

I have considered them.
I've looked at electric ones.....but.....everything is plastic including the blades.....they are very light.....heavy snow, they just walk over top, i've seen them work, not impressed.
The regular kind, expensive, i find them very hard to handle, even the smaller ones, because the way my step into the house in the garage, can't get through the door to the back.....it would have to be left outside and cover it......starting them can be a real pain.
They can be arm breakers, just like the older walking tillers, which i used for years on the farm.
Thanks for your suggestion Jules.
I found what you need!

snowplow.jpeg

We each received a $25 gift card for Wal-Mart (which is somewhere we never shop) when we were boosted, and we went grocery shopping there today. Got $95 worth of groceries for $45. (y)

I will have to say, it was much quicker checking out at Wal-Mart than it has been at any grocery store during the past month. They had lots of cashiers there. My go-to grocery stores typically have 2 or 3 these days and the lines are long. I walked out of one grocery store yesterday after looking at the lines.

I had 8 friends over for my birthday. It was on 1-9-22, but my ex GF wanted to come & she needed to wait to take time off work in AZ where she lives. Someone brought "Baclava." I'll be dreaming about it tonight. It was worth the extra insulin.
Good thing someone took the rest of it home so it wouldn't be here.........
It's Baklava, it's Greek, it's delicious and it's all syrup! A Belated Happy Birthday, Win!

Attachments

• Happy Birthday.jpeg
    Happy Birthday.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
Yesterday I got my laundry done, but did not put it in the dryer. Hanging in my shower to dry.

Today my plan is to vacuum, dust and maybe go to the store. It snowed but not sure how much since I have been covering my windows at night. I hear snow plows and related equipment since around 4 this morning.

I dunno what I'm gonna do today, but I'll think of something. The sun will be out, and it will be much warmer than yesterday. Our *normal* daytime temp for this time of year is 54. We didn't make it yesterday. We'll exceed that today. Yay.

I did go out yesterday morning to cut down some dead stalks of flowers, but geez! it was soooo cold. I even had fingerless gloves on under my gardening gloves and still couldn't manage. Only the Mexican petunias got cut back before I gave it up. Still...did more than nothing, right?

Yesterday I got my hair cut and *blued* it (colored!).

And mark your calendars! DD, who doesn't cook, made a casserole for supper last night. Of course I ate! There might even be leftovers for lunch today.

@hollydolly When's your first day at the new job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back