What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizmo...it's just not been your year has it... :( you must be in shock to hear of your cousin and Brother-in-laws' deaths.. and your poor sister, she's not only lost her cousin, she's not even got her husband now to lean on... this is so tragic, it must be breaking both of your hearts ... I'm so sorry for you both...

6ce640ba8f2b795de7b54e51e4f41101.png

Thank you all for kind thoughts and words. Blow Hearts.gif
Though I have not seen either of them in several years it is that family gut wrench feeling
that is with me today.

Now I have to tell you all who know about the thumb/pimple saga and the latest delays with referrals and family Doc etc.,...
Well........got a call from his nurse and are you ready......he is going to remove eyebrow pimple himself !!!

Yes..tomorrow at Noon.

The trouble is with plastic surgeons who do not want to waste time on suspicious pimples so he will remove and send for analysis...no more referrals. Why not do that in the first place?grrrr

Hurt, sadness and relief all in one strange day.sad (2).gif

Made a trip to Costco since I was nearby buying some stuff for a house project. Saved about $36 but then spent $20 or so on some things we normally don't buy :) Oh well, still was $16 ahead and we can eat the cauliflower pizzas and the keto crunch mix. I guess that is how those "Discount Clubs" work, as one could more than negate any savings with all the extra stuff! Bought gas there too but came to find out I paid 3 cents a gallon more than my usual place across the state line! :rolleyes: I may now have enough Basmati rice for the rest of my life . . .

Going out for a birthday breakfast in Binghamton (about 40 miles away) today. The restaurant we are going to I have gone to since the seventies. One of my favorite places. I can easily order keto food there. Sonny and I always go out for a birthday breakfast to celebrate our birthdays together. Mine was Friday and his is tomorrow. I am 3 days older so I can boss him around. lol

I am going to take some stuff out of my storage locker this morning. I have been trying to clean it out to make more room. So every day I try to take one box or one thing out of there and get rid of it. I have collected some boxes due to buying electrical gadgets that I wanted to be sure they worked and didn't have to send them back. After 90 days I can get rid of the boxes........but I didn't. So need to get rid of the ones I stuck in there.

Hoping for a better day at work today… yesterday everyone got in my last nerve
To cheer me up my daughter sent me a pic of my older granddaughter cutting up to help Hrandma feel better

View attachment 226901

yeah I laughed 😂😂. Thanks AJ I n
Making faces like Prince William's youngest son. lol

Today was astonishing weather wise... It rained like it was never going to stop.... the Annoying thing was that it had been forecast to be really sunny and dry, and then this morning they said there would be showers .. showers??..it was like god emptied the bath water of the millions who are up there with him. ..jeez!!

I went to the Miniature Village , it's 2 counties from me... . It was dry when I left , and I took a light jacket with me because it was warm, and I thought that if it was just going to be a few showers I wouldn't need anything else.
I was on the Motorway at a standstill of traffic when it started, and even with my wipers on the fastest speed, I could barely see the trucks at the side of me or cars in front.. and the spray back was horrible..

Fortunately just as I pulled into the Miniature Model Village the rain stopped... and altho' everything was damp, it stayed pretty dry albeit overcast for the hour I was there... then I drove back and pulled into the motorway services , and just as I got out of the car, the lashing rain came again, and people scattered and ran for shelter.. . I got a drink at the services, and drove back down the motorway in the rain... soo scary, just couldn't see the traffic for the rain and spray...

Typical that as soon as I got almost home and pulled into the supermarket car park the rain stopped, and the sun came out... I'll sort out the pics from the village, and add them to the photo forum later, for anyone who wants to see..
Miniature Model Village..
IMG-4380.jpg

IMG-4381.jpg
I never heard of such a place! It is gorgeous!

Today I am almost in shock.
Yesterday my cousin Charles in Connecticut was killed in car accident.
Today my sister in California called me to say that her hubby Bob, my brother in law had passed away. He was 79
No details ..she was too upset.
He had some problems but was at home, not enough to keep in in hospital but I know he had three emergency visits in the last month and sent home each time.:rolleyes:
I just wish I could fly out there but not possible for me at this stage of my life.
How can life be so cruel....:(
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing two family members at the same time is hard. I lost two recently and it hurts. Prayers for you and your family.

Today, my son and I are going to my husband's house to get some of our winter clothing, in preparation for the move. We will be wearing N95 masks, and gloves. It gives me the shivers, thinking about moving. Where my cousin lives the winters are long, very cold, and include lots of snow. I was at his house when we experienced -25F weather, without windchill. I'm going to bring my husband's Fire home, so I can try to fix it. He dropped it, and I hope it's not a goner.

I will probably bake some vegan, GF something or the other for my son. Thinking about banana muffins.

I told my husband that our daughter is moving to CA. He wasn't happy about that. I'm worried about her. She's had tachycardia for about 2 months, and the docs are still trying to find the cause. Whenever she changes positions (sitting to standing, and so forth), her heart rate goes to 180. She had a holter monitor for 3 days, so hopefully that will shed some light on the situation. It started when she was taking a stimulant drug prescribed for her ADD. She hasn't taken that drug for most the 2 months this has been going on. Instead, she's on a non-stimulant ADD drug.

My daughter's cholesterol is 210, she told me. When I had emergency double bypass surgery 20 years ago, my cholesterol was 225. These levels aren't usually the cause of major heart problems, but still, with the tachycardia, I've urged her to use diet and exercise to lower it. She sure doesn't want end up on statins, if she can avoid it.

I'm going to make an appoint for an eye exam today, finally. My eyes were working fine until after the first couple of weeks of chemo. My left eye's sight suddenly became markedly worse, and has remained that way. I've been putting it off, but it's time to find out what is going on. I haven't googled this, but my doctor confirmed that chemo is the likely cause. I know just enough about vision problems to not want to face the music if there is anything really wrong. Hence, procrastination.

procrastinate no longer with regard to your eye exam @WheatenLover , it's so important to get eyes checked when there's an unexplained change.

I have to ask.. how did your husband drop a Fire, is that a portable heater ?.. and how can you fix it without the full use of your hands ?

Up too darn early,,,4:30 a.m.,,low blood sugar.

Have had breakfast & coffee,,walked the dog.

Hubby has doctor appointment,, will go with him so we both can heard what doctor tells him.
Then probably forget what was said. :eek: 🤪

Its cool 48 when I checked.
Want to get out do more yard work.

Have to leave one flower bed got to weeds.
There is a bluebird in one of the bird houses by it..

Up too darn early,,,4:30 a.m.,,low blood sugar.

Have had breakfast & coffee,,walked the dog.

Hubby has doctor appointment,, will go with him so we both can heard what doctor tells him.
Then probably forget what was said. :eek: 🤪

Its cool 48 when I checked.
Want to get out do more yard work.

Have to leave one flower bed got to weeds.
There is a bluebird in one of the bird houses by it..
just imagine you're here in England..it's 11.40am... :LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back