What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started going to the gym again and doing OK. Today, however, I slid right off a piece of equipment as I was trying to sit up and landed on a bar on my thigh.

Nothing broken, but a big bruise and I can hardly walk.

I hate being old.
Sorry you experienced that! It usually takes me 7-10 days to get rid of a bruise like that. Rest up.

My therapist today was Noah. He wasn't as good as Melanie, but he was good enough. I admit I'm a little disappointed....my schedule says that I was to work with Shawn today. He was there, but he was working with someone else. Regardless, Noah got the job done, and that is all I ask for.

On a more personal level, I can now touch all of my fingers with my thumb!! As long as I can see results, I seem to do very well with "mini goals". My next PT session will be on Monday, but I have set myself 3-4 mini goals to work on in the mean time. Oh, speaking of achieving goals: I put up my ponytail all by myself today! One less thing for Dio to bother with!
emoticon

Today I successfully defended my Ph.D. dissertation! I had to give a 10 minute presentation, and then the committee of three professors asked me questions. They were very positive toward me and said they liked my qualitative dissertation. It was over in an hour. I am still feeling dazed. These past three years that I've been working so diligently on getting this degree finally paid off. I don't know whether to cry or laugh! Besides, I am still getting over Covid, so my voice was a little rough and I had to rely on cough drops and water to keep from coughing. Now I will just rest....
@palides2021 - Congratulations! Be happy and proud of yourself for a job very well done! :) 👍

My therapist today was Noah. He wasn't as good as Melanie, but he was good enough. I admit I'm a little disappointed....my schedule says that I was to work with Shawn today. He was there, but he was working with someone else. Regardless, Noah got the job done, and that is all I ask for.

On a more personal level, I can now touch all of my fingers with my thumb!! As long as I can see results, I seem to do very well with "mini goals". My next PT session will be on Monday, but I have set myself 3-4 mini goals to work on in the mean time. Oh, speaking of achieving goals: I put up my ponytail all by myself today! One less thing for Dio to bother with!
emoticon
Congratulations on your achievements! 🌷

We went up to the local ice cream joint for burgers & a milkshake.
Hubby parked himself in front of the TV.
I took my book to the back porch where there was a nice breeze,,just woke up awhile ago.
Looked over my shoulder & there were 2 doe deer eating the tops off my volunteer tomatoes!
it sounds like you had a nice relaxing day....good for you!

Today I successfully defended my Ph.D. dissertation! I had to give a 10 minute presentation, and then the committee of three professors asked me questions. They were very positive toward me and said they liked my qualitative dissertation. It was over in an hour. I am still feeling dazed. These past three years that I've been working so diligently on getting this degree finally paid off. I don't know whether to cry or laugh! Besides, I am still getting over Covid, so my voice was a little rough and I had to rely on cough drops and water to keep from coughing. Now I will just rest....
Wow! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! 🏆

Spent the morning uncovering, pressure washing, and moving a 5000lb metal lathe that has been sitting in my driveway for a year now. Got it moved into the garage with the backhoe, and will spend an hour or so every evening getting it up and running. It was built in 1940, finally something that is older than me.
Oldie but goodie! They made those lathes to last!

I hadn’t seen my daughters since Dec. 2019. Today my one DD, my grandson and her SO arrived. Their original flight was cancelled but they managed to get here via a connecting flight. They‘re totally exhausted. It’s great to see them.

Off to the car dealership in Elgin. Took ownership of new car a couple of weeks ago, only to find that some additional trims had not been fitted.
They're now ready and we've been offered a 'courtesy car' to run around in while the work is being done. Might just manage to travel a little bit further along the coast to Brodie Castle. It looks well worth a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back