What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got lucky.......my bf is coming to finish putting my new chair together for me! He offered. I accepted.

In between cleaning my window sills I have been looking for a place to buy lampshades. Wow! They are so expensive! Most times it is cheaper to buy the whole lamp than to buy a lampshade. I see there are kits for making your own but I am not very crafty. I am looking at one lampshade I got for another lamp a couple of years ago for $2.00 at the Salvation Army with more respect.

Glad you are recouperating.
Re what i made bold, was the procedure on your eyes? Having had double surgeries on each eye, that included corneal implants. i can empathize---tho i healed fairly quickly. Recently however, i had subconjunctival bleeding in right eye. Looked ghastly tho no pain and no hinderance of my vision. But to soothe it i'd put a cool damp cotton pad under the sleep mask i sometimes wear for 3 nights running and it seemed to retreat, get smaller each day.

Hope you continue to get better.
Thank you for your caring, and for that reminder, that it truly sometimes is more helpful, to use a cool damp cloth, instead of a warm one!

a follow up to from my morning post
At Target was looking for a new dish drainer, found one for $5
I forgot to mention this, at 5:30pm, I'm walking over to my friends, Marcia&Dave's house{2 blocks away} to dog sit with family dog' Tage{pharoh hound,my late 'buddy boy's nephew} He is the spittin image of Aker, a very sweet dog, I bonded with him the 1st time we met in late Aug.
Marcia&Dave are going to a fundraiser for the org where she was exec director for 35 yrs.,she retired 5 yrs ago This will be the longest time I've been with Tage,will be the highlight of my week

@hollydolly and anybody else who might be interested, I got a weighted blanket for Christmas two years ago. I love that thing! It's like being hugged all night. Recommend getting one that weighs a pound for every 10 lbs of the sleeper's weight.

@Trila I want a cat that can do housework! Maybe I could train Maggiecat.

@katlupe Agree about the price of lampshades. I found some nice once at Home Depot, but at about $30/ea...Whoa!

I got lucky.......my bf is coming to finish putting my new chair together for me! He offered. I accepted.

In between cleaning my window sills I have been looking for a place to buy lampshades. Wow! They are so expensive! Most times it is cheaper to buy the whole lamp than to buy a lampshade. I see there are kits for making your own but I am not very crafty. I am looking at one lampshade I got for another lamp a couple of years ago for $2.00 at the Salvation Army with more respect.
@katlupe Agree about the price of lampshades. I found some nice once at Home Depot, but at about $30/ea...Whoa!
Kat, you might also want to check Lowe's. The last time I looked, they had some reasonably priced lampshades.

@hollydolly and anybody else who might be interested, I got a weighted blanket for Christmas two years ago. I love that thing! It's like being hugged all night. Recommend getting one that weighs a pound for every 10 lbs of the sleeper's weight.

I bought one about 6 months ago.. weighted blanket... threw it out after.. a zillion little plastic beads kept leaking out of the seams...

Last edited:
I got hijacked!

Headed out the door to do some errands, and there was an older gentleman having trouble moving a mattress out of a large rented truck. So I helped him, and kept on helping him, until we got to an item that was too heavy for the two of us. I went and asked a male neighbor to help with the heavy item, and he continued helping too.

When we were all done, the new neighbor followed me to the truck rental dropoff, and I drove him home.

3 hours! Poor fella. 74 years old, and he never would have been able to do it alone. He had to take lots of breaks as it was.

He was so grateful. I assured him it was the highlight of my boring week, month, maybe year.

I got hijacked!

Headed out the door to do some errands, and there was an older gentleman having trouble moving a mattress out of a large rented truck. So I helped him, and kept on helping him, until we got to an item that was too heavy for the two of us. I went and asked a male neighbor to help with the heavy item, and he continued helping too.

When we were all done, the new neighbor followed me to the truck rental dropoff, and I drove him home.

3 hours! Poor fella. 74 years old, and he never would have been able to do it alone. He had to take lots of breaks as it was.

He was so grateful. I assured him it was the highlight of my boring week, month, maybe year.
You're a good Samaritan... this is a problem any of us who live alone with no family nearby have to face at some point..it's always a concern. I'm sure that guy was very grateful to you.. (y)

I always have to write about what I did because I can plan to do things and my plans go awry. Today I intended to go to the supermarket and post office early but I was too tired. It worked out well though. I walked over around 2:30 and there was no line at all. I dropped my packages off and went straight to the supermarket. I will never go that time a day again, at least not during the week! Traffic is crazy, mad busy that time of day in my area. On the way home I could hardly get across the street. There was a city bus poised to make a left turn at a red light! People are in such a hurry to turn right on red. I waited until the bus and SUVs moved out of the way. I sure don't want to be a statistic.

Before going out to do errands, I cleared up my portion of the clutter in our studio, found places for what we'll keep and took the rest to the dumpster. My son was supposed to have someone come in to possibly do some recording. Well, we dodged a bullet. When I called him to ask if he wanted me to pick up snacks, he told me she couldn't come because she and her mother have COVID. This evening I worked on my quarterly financial spreadsheet for investments (too tired to do the one for liquid assets tonight). I watched T.V. while our fur baby slept on my lap. It's almost midnight but I do want to watch a little more T.V.

Today I'm driving an hour away to Fleetwood for me Autumn Covid Booster. I could queue up at a walk-in centre but this is the nearest I can get an appointment at the moment! I don't mind a day out in Fleetwood and Blackpool :)

Granny. I’ve been around a long time but never heard of a weighted blanket. Can someone explain what the idea is behind this?

After yesterday's strong winds, it's a lovely Autumn day here. We got the first batch of crab apple jelly made and put into jars and now we're wondering to to with the rest of the apples. We must have 20-25 kg of them. Mrs.L suggested that we should extract the juice and freeze it to use at a later date. Might go out for a walk this afternoon.
Cooking that good old British favourite, fish & chips for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back