What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I took my early walk this morning around 6:45,it was'balmy' 25 degrees with no wind was refreshing
My friend Thora&I went on our usual Fri trip to local grocery store'TOPS' .We both noticed the store wasn't crowded at 9:30, we were out of there within 20min I think some people like to shop on Sat or Sun now
My afternoon walk went to the bank to deposit a check,nobody was in there which was a surprise
The rest of my day reading NYT didn't bother doing daily crossword puzzle,reading my book

Husband went and had taxes done. The stimulus checks are considered income and added into your gross income and taxed! After being told they were not taxable. 🤬. But, hey, I still want the next round of money. The government gives and the government takes back. See, everything is normal. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Picked up my grocery order this a.m. I know I’d find more that I absolutely need if I went in the store. Had a 5 km walk this afternoon and will soon open the fridge so I can grumble that I have nothing to make for dinner.

Husband went and had taxes done. The stimulus checks are considered income and added into your gross income and taxed! After being told they were not taxable. 🤬. But, hey, I still want the next round of money. The government gives and the government takes back. See, everything is normal. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I don't know about this. I used TurboTax, and the stimulus checks were specifically excluded. Furthermore, yesterday I got a form letter from the IRS advising me that the stimulus money was not taxable.

I have already gotten my income tax return money back from the Federal Government.

I don't know about this. I used TurboTax, and the stimulus checks were specifically excluded. Furthermore, yesterday I got a form letter from the IRS advising me that the stimulus money was not taxable.

I have already gotten my income tax return money back from the Federal Government.
All I know is HR Block made us claim the money and my daughter in Texas had to claim hers so maybe there is some confusion. But my husband asked to see the IRS code and they showed it to him and they had a separate form to fill out.

So we paid taxes on it. It won’t matter unless you get audited, if that happens then you owe plus fines etc. I am no expert just doing what our tax guys said. As I said I was surprised.

I just told my husband what you wrote as I didn’t go. And I asked him again, so her could be wrong and I texted my daughter to ask her again. But we did not get any form letter from the IRS.

@Pecos sooo, husband is wrong, nothing unusual in that, and I apologize. He misunderstood what was going on, nothing unusual in that either. It was not taxable.

I had him go over our tax forms. The form was filled out to make sure you received the stimulus checks. If you did not get the stimulus, it was subtracted from what you owe. (Edited) My daughter clarified she did not receive the 600 dollars checks so it was subtracted from her taxes. Hopefully, I have this right now.

Last edited:
I went on my early walk around 6:30,light snow was falling it was a bit breezy but it didn't bother me.It was 25,felt colde
This morning is my weekly call to Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are doing
I have no other plans today,if it stops snowing I'll probably go for a couple of walks

Just got back from the recycle /waste site... and also grocery shopping... hubs is off today so he was able to come with me to lift all the heavy stuff.. both at the waste site and at the supermarket...

I got absolutely soaked.. went out with no coat on because it was overcast but very warm.. and just as we got to the supermarket car park the heavens opened, and we found they'd closed off the door from the car park into the store, and made it exit only which meant we had to walk around 2 roads to get to the opposite door... and I was drenched by the time we got there.. ☔🌧️🌧️☔

just had a hot cuppa char.. and a toffee flavoured cream meringue to cheer me up.... :coffee:😊

Making plans to go to WalMart. I have made a life changing decision. I am going to buy a new toaster. I retired the old one when I moved, and thought I could do without. Decided I missed toast. And Pop Tarts. And EGGO waffles.. This is my life these days. LOL
This is all our lives these days. With prices going up and nowhere to go and nothing to do for possibly another year or the rest of our lives, a decision on a toaster, or in our case an electric can opener, is paramount. I love toast, I love EGGO home style waffles, but pop tarts? Nope. 😂

Last edited:
Towels in the washer, Bella in the puppy pen, trash at the curb, shower done, have to vacuum, and then waiting for it to get warm enough to go walk 🤦🏻‍♀️. Some days it’s really had to get the 5-6 miles I walk every day in, because I can’t do it all at once; but I refused to regain any of the weight I have lost.

If a few more pounds come off, I will no longer be obese, but simply overweight. 🙄😅. The problem is I also keep getting shorter, which continues to screw the whole height - weight ratio up. Why we have to get shorter, rather than taller, as we age really 🤬 me.

The hubster and I went to receive our 2nd vaccine dose. We left the house at 5:45 a.m. and finally got in to receive the doses at 8:15 a.m. Long wait and I couldn't even feel my feet by the end. So thankful and glad that we have now been fully vaccinated and good for a year. I'm so sleepy I could cry. :cry: lol Will take a nap as soon as I finish my snack.

No other plans for the day.

f5be070f9ed7ee02f354c7bf3381e019[1].jpg

Last edited:
The hubster and I went to receive our 2nd vaccine dose. We left the house at 5:45 a.m. and finally got in to receive the doses at 8:15 a.m. Long wait and I couldn't even feel my feet by the end. So thankful and glad that we have now been fully vaccinated and good for a year. I'm so sleepy I could cry. :cry: lol Will take a nap as soon as I finish my snack.

No other plans for the day.View attachment 151366
Let us know if the second shot makes you guys ill. We are getting our second shots March 5

Home M/T/W b/c I took a different job schedule with the same company and now I'll be working 3 weekends out of 4 + assorted days in between. This is good b/c now I will work full time, can save $$ and will have time to gradually re-connect in my town where my house is. I've been doing travel nursing for almost three years and people have moved or passed away; I have to build new friendships and things to do. So today I'm doing errands I can't normally do during the week and cleaning my rental in prep to move to my new digs here in Americus.

Home M/T/W b/c I took a different job schedule with the same company and now I'll be working 3 weekends out of 4 + assorted days in between. This is good b/c now I will work full time, can save $$ and will have time to gradually re-connect in my town where my house is. I've been doing travel nursing for almost three years and people have moved or passed away; I have to build new friendships and things to do. So today I'm doing errands I can't normally do during the week and cleaning my rental in prep to move to my new digs here in Americus.
wow CS...you've got a load of stuff to fill your time.. good luck with it all... 😊

On my early morning walk around 7,it felt 'balmy' outside temp was 34,it was snow /rain mix ,a tad breezy walked halfway down my street
Mary&I are going on our weekly'road trip' today to Target,need a couple of items
If the weather improves by mid morning,I'll try to go for a walk,otherwise, read NYT,my book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back