What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-9305.jpg
the old man says ( he's a miniature doodle age 13)...just one picture gwanny then you have to let me have my dinner.. :D
What a sweetie! Those eyes!

We finally received the 2020 W-2 and earnings summary from hubby's previous employer. Now, it's time to start working on the taxes since I have all the needed documents.

But, it's so much more fun to get on the computer and check out stuff; I made myself a nice cup of tea and am sitting here reading your posts/replies.

There's always tomorrow! ☺️😊😇🙂🙃😉😌

I took a detour to Amazon to check for any exciting buys. fe8abcea55fdc22d69d11aa6d7134725[1].jpg

Last edited:
Restored several more old pictures this morning and went to the supermarket to get a few things for this afternoon's cooking adventure - vegetable beef soup, which is currently still in the pot but close to being done. Also put out the critter food and gassed up the snowblower as we're supposed to get another 6 inches of the stuff tomorrow.
We''re down here on the southcoast of Mass. and also expect 6" or so of the heavy, wet, stuff. Hopefully the temps will pop back up and it'll be gone in a couple of days

Today, I am awaiting my online delivery. I over ordered, so that means more stuff to put away.

Cooking my hubby's favourite meal (pepper steak and jacket potatoes) as he's back this evening. Made a trifle last night, so we're all set LOL

Last edited:
Lousy weather here today, and most of the coming week, so I got our taxes done today....both Fed and State, and e-filed. If I did it right, and the IRS is on schedule, we should get our refunds later this month.
Have not gotten a refund in decades, we always pay.

Lousy weather here today, and most of the coming week, so I got our taxes done today....both Fed and State, and e-filed. If I did it right, and the IRS is on schedule, we should get our refunds later this month.
Things might be a little bit later than usual this year according to the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-t...tlines-steps-to-speed-refunds-during-pandemic

"A person doesn't know how much he has to be thankful for until he has to pay taxes on it." - Ann Landers

"The taxpayer: that's someone who works for the federal government, but doesn't have to take a civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan

"The only thing that hurts more than paying an income tax is not having to pay an income tax." - Thomas Dewar

Snowing today.... it';s just after 9am, so no plans to go out at all, just waiting for a delivery now...

My DD has been in her new home for just 4 days, and her neighbours have been super nice to her. It's a cul-de-sac.. so not many there, but already almost all of them have sent her a 'New home card'' offering help should she need it.. and also everyone she's spoken to have dogs and are dog lovers.... She's absolutely delighted to have moved there... which makes me very happy as a mother even if she is almost 45 years old and very capable ...:D

Last edited:
Taking advantage of the sub zero temps.
Great time to defrost a freezer!
Took all the frozen food out of the freezer locker in the garage and put it all in boxes.
Put the boxes out to the screened in porch so the food stays frozen.
Hooked up a ceramic space heater to blow heat inside the freezer.
Should be defrosted in about 4-5 hours. Put a frozen pie in the oven. May as well huh?
Gotta go to the sore for fresh bread to make Italian cold cut sandwiches (prosciutto, capicola, salami, roasted peppers, provolone) for the Super Bowl.

Taking advantage of the sub zero temps.
Great time to defrost a freezer!
Took all the frozen food out of the freezer locker in the garage and put it all in boxes.
Put the boxes out to the screened in porch so the food stays frozen.
Hooked up a ceramic space heater to blow heat inside the freezer.
Should be defrosted in about 4-5 hours. Put a frozen pie in the oven. May as well huh?
Gotta go to the sore for fresh bread to make Italian cold cut sandwiches (prosciutto, capicola, salami, roasted peppers, provolone) for the Super Bowl.
Genius but simple idea..... fortunately both our freezers are new this year so don't need defrosting yet, but of course why would I not have thought about always de-frosting in Winter, I'll remember that (y)

This morning when I went on my early walk around 6:45 it was a tad nippy 8 degrees,but thankfully no wind.It was refreshing saw 1 person out walking their dog,the dog didn't look happy to be out in the cold
This morning,is my weekly call to Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are doing
Afterwards my friend,Mary&I are going on our weekly 'road trip'.She offered to take me grocery shopping.Last Fri when my friend,Thora&I usually go it was windy,the store parking lot was really icy we decided against it I need a few things
The rest of my day,read NYT,go on afternoon walk read my book.After dinner,I'll be doing a women's church zoom meeting .We'll be discussing members we were close with who have died during the pandemic. My church has been closed since last March.It will bring us comfort we will grieve together

Today is our 36th anniversary. We were unable to think of anything that either of us wanted, we cannot go out to eat, and we cannot travel.

But we have had a great meal delivered that we need to heat up, and my wife's hair dresser is coming to give us both haircuts on our front porch this afternoon. Under the circumstances, a good haircut will have to do it for us in the Age of COVID.

Today is our 36th anniversary. We were unable to think of anything that either of us wanted, we cannot go out to eat, and we cannot travel.

But we have had a great meal delivered that we need to heat up, and my wife's hair dresser is coming to give us both haircuts on our front porch this afternoon. Under the circumstances, a good haircut will have to do it for us in the Age of COVID.
Happy Anniversary to you, @Pecos :)
anniversary.1.gif

I got my haircut and didn't immediately recognize that person looking back at me in the mirror. The wife is getting hers cut at this moment,

Oh yeah, big, big times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back