What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thoughts, @Aneeda72 …. So many changes in your life recently… it might be best to wait before adding another responsibility (in this case, a dog) to the mix.
Of course, that would be the intelligent thing to do-not get another dog ever as he always finds a reason to rehome any dog I get. Now that he rehomed Bella I understand it’s more about hurting me than not having a dog. Bella was a champion at fetching balls and that is always the dog HE wanted. A dog to play fetch with.

But it was more important to him to cause me upset, so he refused to care for her. But emotionally I require a dog for a variety of reasons. It is a very complicated situation.

This might be a little long ..sorry in advance...

The media are scaremongering for the last few days, saying that due to High covid numbers, 'pingdom''..the track & trace system that's allowing 600,000 workers to quarantine because they were somewhere in the vicinity of someone else etc.. and the lack of truck drivers due to Brexit, and pingdom, .. means all our Supermarkets have been stripped clean..in the same way that it happened a year past March , and no-one to refill them, no -one to pick fresh veggies from the field, no-one to deliver them etc...

Here's the proof...they say...

45753321-9813093-image-a-10_1626944160123.jpg

45754595-9813093-image-a-20_1626946113259.jpg

Well I don't know what the medias' game is.. but I went to the supermarket today, and there was no change. Fully stocked, no shortages of either food or Staff.. .... I should have taken a picture

I have a sneaking suspicion the media for reasons only known to them, are publishing the pictures from 16 month ago when our stores were stripped at the beginning of the Pandemic..

While I was out I popped into my neighbouring farm down the lane to visit my friend.. for a quick visit before going to get the shopping.

We sat outside even tho' we can all now visit in each others' homes, I feel more comfortable keeping my distance outside, while I'm not vaccinated...and keep her safe from catching anything from me potentially ..

Her hubs and his crew were out making Hay.. :p... so I snapped a few photos for you all..

Combine-hay-July-22nd-2021-HD.jpg

Bram-field-july-22-2021-HD.jpg

Tractor-water-HD-July-2021.jpg

While I was out I popped into my neighbouring farm down the lane to visit my friend.. for a quick visit before going to get the shopping.

We sat outside even tho' we can all now visit in each others' homes, I feel more comfortable keeping my distance outside, while I'm not vaccinated...and keep her safe from catching anything from me potentially ..

Her hubs and his crew were out making Hay.. :p... so I snapped a few photos for you all..

Combine-hay-July-22nd-2021-HD.jpg

Bram-field-july-22-2021-HD.jpg

Tractor-water-HD-July-2021.jpg
Do you mean combining.....looks like wheat being harvested.

He needs to buy a crate and crate the dog. Crates help with the anxiety, makes the dog feel safe, and the dog can still interact with the other pups and hear the bird, but prevents destruction of his property.
He left her for a couple of hours yesterday when he had a doctor's appointment and she was okay. Happy to see him when he got back. The people that had her were hardly home. I don't think they ever crated her though.

Hopefully, the company of other animals is helping the anxiety level.
Maybe but she seems calm as can be. His little dog, Chichi barked all morning at the washing machine (which she has heard a thousand times) and Cinnamon didn't even look up. She hasn't even bark at anyone who has come to his house. I think Sonny is giving her so much attention that she is content.

I took my Subaru Impreza to the dealer for it's annual inspection, oil change and two recalls. I was given a loaner which is a 2021 Forester. It feels like a tank compared to the Impreza being much larger but I could get used to it. What gets me is all the useless bells and whistles gadgetry. You don't use a key as you have forever but you place this device inside the car and then press a start button. Why? More electronic crap when I just want to get from A to B.
Know what you mean, Chat...our Caddy has a traditional key "slot" where you'd think you'd put
the key, but nope, just step on the brake and turn the keyless "slot" to start the car.
Of course you have to have the key/pad with you or in the car someplace when you are starting the car. Go figure, huh!

This might be a little long ..sorry in advance...

The media are scaremongering for the last few days, saying that due to High covid numbers, 'pingdom''..the track & trace system that's allowing 600,000 workers to quarantine because they were somewhere in the vicinity of someone else etc.. and the lack of truck drivers due to Brexit, and pingdom, .. means all our Supermarkets have been stripped clean..in the same way that it happened a year past March , and no-one to refill them, no -one to pick fresh veggies from the field, no-one to deliver them etc...

Here's the proof...they say...

45753321-9813093-image-a-10_1626944160123.jpg

45754595-9813093-image-a-20_1626946113259.jpg

Well I don't know what the medias' game is.. but I went to the supermarket today, and there was no change. Fully stocked, no shortages of either food or Staff.. .... I should have taken a picture

I have a sneaking suspicion the media for reasons only known to them, are publishing the pictures from 16 month ago when our stores were stripped at the beginning of the Pandemic..
I think it might depend on where you live. I have read, several times, that people can’t get this or that here where they are; but we have no shortages here where I am.

Son out of hospital and at group home so went and saw him. Doctors told the group home manager that his day care program did NOT give him enough water/fluid during the day and that’s why he got bound up.🤬. Reported information to his social worker and she will take the steps to ensure his water intake is tracked.

I think it might depend on where you live. I have read, several times, that people can’t get this or that here where they are; but we have no shortages here where I am.
I'm talking about England...! The media are insisting there are severe food shortages , that supermarkets are empty.....

These pictures were printed in todays' papers... of England

supposedly a selection from up and down the country North to south

it's not the case as I discovered today..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ff-EXEMPT-Pingdemic-demands-Iceland-boss.html

Well,even tho' it's within your own country, it is I hope, going to be a happy time for you..to just feel a sense of freedom again, and of course to visit finally with your family in the flesh ... (y)Thanks--I am excited to be able to go somewhere on a plane. Though not withput some concern for Covid variants

S

I'm talking about England...! The media are insisting there are severe food shortages , that supermarkets are empty.....

These pictures were printed in todays' papers... of England

supposedly a selection from up and down the country North to south

it's not the case as I discovered today..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ff-EXEMPT-Pingdemic-demands-Iceland-boss.html
Yes, I know you are talking about ENGLAND. But there are, I assume, different parts of England. So, have you checked very single part? Is it not like the virus, bad in some parts, not bad where you are? Or is England just one giant like town where everything and everyone is the same?

I feel like you yelled at me 😞

Yes, I know you are talking about ENGLAND. But there are, I assume, different parts of England. So, have you checked very single part? Is it not like the virus, bad in some parts, not bad where you are? Or is England just one giant like town where everything and everyone is the same?

I feel like you yelled at me 😞
no but the media has reported from Large town and cities from north to south.... and posted pictures of empty stores...

I wasn't yelling at you, you daft mare... of course not.. you're just a little sensitive after all this upheaval in your life in the last few weeks.. , don't be silly, we're the good guys remember.. :ROFLMAO:

no but the media has reported from Large town and cities from north to south.... and posted pictures of empty stores...

I wasn't yelling at you, you daft mare... of course not.. you're just a little sensitive after all this upheaval in your life in the last few weeks.. , don't be silly, we're the good guys remember.. :ROFLMAO:
I am very very sensitive, you are right 😍

We have a 2019 Subaru Impreza and are looking to, maybe, buy a Forester and trade the Impreza as we are unsure how well the Impreza will do on trips. We already had the recalls fixed. We were thinking of driving to Texas to see our daughter. But with COVID-19 on the rise, again, not sure we should travel. ☹️.

Have you traveled with your Impreza? How did it do on mountains?
I live in a valley and to go east or west you have to start climbing and the Impreza does just fine for me. The CVT knows just the right gear ratio. Mine is a 2019 as well. I haven't taken any long trips. Nothing more than 30 miles from home. The 2021 Forester is much bigger and has a solid ride, quick steering and strong braking like the Impreza and is peppy. Good luck trying to find one though. My loaner was the only one they had. Inventory is low or non-existent I assume because of the pandemic and what is available is priced high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back