What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I. HATE. IT. Orientation was a bitch. It's all online, the computer wouldn't cooperate, and...it was so cold in there that I couldn't even think. I had on a pullover tee, a shirt over it, my winter jacket. My fingers wouldn't work. Finally told HR person I had to go home and get warm. She said fine, I can finish on Monday morning. Fingers were so cold, not kidding, that when I tried to text DD to come fetch me I couldn't key in the text because it's the heat from fingers that activates the screen. OMG

This is not looking good:mad: I don't know what to do. Already gave notice at the biscuit store. Heck, they might not even want me to stay.

I. HATE. IT. Orientation was a bitch. It's all online, the computer wouldn't cooperate, and...it was so cold in there that I couldn't even think. I had on a pullover tee, a shirt over it, my winter jacket. My fingers wouldn't work. Finally told HR person I had to go home and get warm. She said fine, I can finish on Monday morning. Fingers were so cold, not kidding, that when I tried to text DD to come fetch me I couldn't key in the text because it's the heat from fingers that activates the screen. OMG

This is not looking good:mad: I don't know what to do. Already gave notice at the biscuit store. Heck, they might not even want me to stay.
awwww...don't panic, you've got the weekend to think this over.... at the end of the day , you're not going to die if you decide not take this job after all, so don't beat yourself up about this.. ... but I think that this is gonna be the hardest it'll get, they would never have given an 80 year old the job if they thought it was going to be too hard .. they just don't know you're no average 80 year old.. Go girl..whatever you decide, we're all behind you... (y)

Today has been a fairly quiet one.. . Sunny but freezing cold. Spent some time this morning sweeping and raking up the leaves...

I've had a problem getting into my Laptop for months now, I use it so very little I couldn't remember the password and despite many tutorials on youtube I couldn't get into it, and was warned that if I take it to the computer shop they'll have no option but to wipe it and take it back to the factory settings.. therefore I'll lose everything but especially thousands of historic photos... It's Windows, and although as you all know I use a MAC desktop for my daily usage I like to have the Windows laptop as a standby for some things that Mac won't do.. and also I take it away with me when I go overseas...

However my dd thought she knew a man who could do it, and so it proved to be.. she took it to him yesterday.. and he sorted it out without me having to lose anything.. and only cost me £30..what a star my daughter is.. she knows everyone who is anyone.. :LOL:..

I am sure they want you to stay. Ask them. The new job might not be worth the stress.

Wellllpppp. I called the biscuit store and asked if I could stay. There was great rejoicing in the background when the manager shouted "Our Biscuit B*tch is going to stay!" Color me surprised. Yes. Biscuit B*tch or Gangsta Granny or Mama is what they call me. When they call me Biscuit B*tch, they add "Ma'am" so it's all very respectful ;)

Now I have to call the new job and tell 'em I'm not coming in on Monday to finish orientation. And then I have to tell DD that I changed my mind. Wut wo. She's gonna raise Cain.

I don't know why, but there was just something about it that put me off. I feel like the weight of the world has just been lifted from my shoulders, in spite of not really feeling safe there because of Covid and because they are so lax about guns and drugs.

@Aneeda, just saw your comment. You're right. Not worth the stress, no matter what they pay or how good the hours are.

If DD has a hissy fit, it may be that I have to get there via Uber. So be it.

Shopped for groceries, put them away, fed the dog, walked the dog, washed dishes. Took out the trash, vacuumed the entry, hallway and kitchen. Dusted the living room.

Landscapers here for way too long with leaf blowers going. What an awful sound! Between them and the dog barking at them, I was crazy.

Absolutely gorgeous day; sunny, brilliant blue sky albeit cool and windy.

Wellllpppp. I called the biscuit store and asked if I could stay. There was great rejoicing in the background when the manager shouted "Our Biscuit B*tch is going to stay!" Color me surprised. Yes. Biscuit B*tch or Gangsta Granny or Mama is what they call me. When they call me Biscuit B*tch, they add "Ma'am" so it's all very respectful ;)

Now I have to call the new job and tell 'em I'm not coming in on Monday to finish orientation. And then I have to tell DD that I changed my mind. Wut wo. She's gonna raise Cain.

I don't know why, but there was just something about it that put me off. I feel like the weight of the world has just been lifted from my shoulders, in spite of not really feeling safe there because of Covid and because they are so lax about guns and drugs.
Listen, you have to go with your gut feeling.. I always believe that. So, you've done the right thing for you.. and at least you know now that your old place are looking forward to you coming back... (y):D

Shopped for groceries, put them away, fed the dog, walked the dog, washed dishes. Took out the trash, vacuumed the entry, hallway and kitchen. Dusted the living room.

Landscapers here for way too long with leaf blowers going. What an awful sound! Between them and the dog barking at them, I was crazy.

I've got a leaf blower, but honestly that's why I rarely use it..the noise is just horrendous.. I'd rather just rake the leaves.. or get the mower out and set it on a high setting than disturb all the neighbours with the blower...

Maybe the leaf blowers went on inordinately long b/c they were trying to blow leaves on a windy day. I’m with you, @RadishRose, on the irritating sound of a leaf blower

This morning took bus went to Walgreens to get my flu shot
I remembered to bring my vaccination card{didn't bring it with me last week when I got my booster shot} the tech wrote in the date,so now I'm legal LOL!
It was a partly sunny day,temps the mid 30's, I walked home from Walgreens. The rest of my day read NYT as I was eating lunch ,went to basement to get my mail&my neighbor Janice's Whenever she goes away,I get her mail She left yesterday morning driving to her daughter's{lives in VA} for Thanksgiving. Our floor is quiet without my next door Pat,who I really miss. My neighbor to my right,Peter moved out 2 weeks ago. I don't see my other neighbor,Eileen,but know she's around
After dinner, I'll tackle the NYT puzzle,read my book

Last edited:
It's said that a son's a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

A mother is a mother all of their lives.

DS gave me a hard time over the job thing. I haven't told DD yet because I expect the same from her.

There's nobody...nobody...I can talk to. Nobody. I want to just crawl in a hole and pull the hole in after me.

It's said that a son's a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

A mother is a mother all of their lives.

DS gave me a hard time over the job thing. I haven't told DD yet because I expect the same from her.

There's nobody...nobody...I can talk to. Nobody. I want to just crawl in a hole and pull the hole in after me.
seriously,? they want their mum to be unhappy ?.. really?... c'mon...I know DD has to get up early to take you to work bless her but surely she'd pay that just to stop you from being unhappy, its not like you diidn't try ..

Didn't want to get out of bed this morning, laying there just felt so right! I got up anyways. Took my little dog to the groomer. She did a good job. She also put her little red coat back on her which looks so cute! It's nice and warm for her too with a fleece lining.

Had to start putting ear infection drops in the dog's ear. I had been trying to smell her ears very recently and smelled nothing. The groomer discovered her ear infection today, though. She said her ear smelled. I had been smelling it and smelled nothing just a couple days ago. I have sinusitis in this weather/climate living by the lake. That may be why I didn't smell it. My nose is plugged somewhat and the dry heat in here makes my nose bleed, too. I try to not have the heat too high, too, so my nose is just so sensitive.

Anyhow I am now putting the drops in for a week. Then she has a Vet apptmt. early next month for her vaccination. I'm going to ask the Vet a few questions, too. I better write them down so I don't forget--because I tend to forget what I mean to bring up with these appointments.

Going to have a nice salad for part of dinner. Listening to George Strait music on Spotify--I like him. I listen to many kinds of music; having variety helps to keep it interesting and enjoyable.

Have a good night everyone! 🌹 ;)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back