What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a lot of chest pain, on and off, still. Have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Then for thanksgiving; eating out with son and girlfriend. Wish I felt better.
Am I correct in recalling that you have angina? If so, is it stable or unstable? My doc prescribes nitroglycerin for angina, but mine is unstable and I rarely have to use it. It is a tiny bottle with tiny tablets. You place a tablet under your tongue so it dissolves. It gets rid of the pain. If it doesn't, I am instructed to take another tablet, after some amount of time goes by. Also I don't know if unstable angina is linked to taking the tablet rarely. Could be just a coincidence.

Maybe you should call your doc, just in case?

The chest pain thing is worrisome (to me), and I really hope it diminishes in intensity, duration, and frequency. Better yet, that it just disappears.

@RadishRose You forgot about "let the dog out, let the dog in, let the dog out, ad infinitum"! :ROFLMAO:
I close my bedroom door when I don't want to be disturbed by the dog. My daughter is here, so he's not lonely. He now comes to the door and lightly scratches on it. I tell him to go to my daughter. He keeps it up until I open the door. Then I see him sitting there, looking up at me. I have learned to swoop my left arm towards the bedroom, because otherwise he won't come in, and will resume his light scratching until I open the door and swoop again.

Then a few minutes later, he wants back out. I think I have become his butler. I have taken to ignoring him, all the while wondering if he will give up. He eventually does. I'm just glad he has such a light touch that the door hasn't been damaged.

Shopped for groceries, put them away, fed the dog, walked the dog, washed dishes. Took out the trash, vacuumed the entry, hallway and kitchen. Dusted the living room.

Landscapers here for way too long with leaf blowers going. What an awful sound! Between them and the dog barking at them, I was crazy.

Absolutely gorgeous day; sunny, brilliant blue sky albeit cool and windy.
Since you posted your perfect last meal, I've been thinking I should come to your house to dine.

There's nobody...nobody...I can talk to. Nobody. I want to just crawl in a hole and pull the hole in after me.
I know that feeling. Especially when my kids gang up on me. Frequently, as plainly as I say things, they just don't listen or they refute everything I say when the facts are in plain sight. Literally. I spent weeks telling them to clean up after themselves early this year, and they all said I was wrong, the house was perfectly clean. It was a literal pigsty. That's not the worst example, but I'm still not ready to talk about that to anyone.

It's said that a son's a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

A mother is a mother all of their lives.

DS gave me a hard time over the job thing. I haven't told DD yet because I expect the same from her.

There's nobody...nobody...I can talk to. Nobody. I want to just crawl in a hole and pull the hole in after me.
You have all of us to talk to......any time, day or nite, rain or shine, freezing or hot, biscuit or no biscuit. WE'RE HERE.

Today has been a fairly quiet one.. . Sunny but freezing cold. Spent some time this morning sweeping and raking up the leaves...

I've had a problem getting into my Laptop for months now, I use it so very little I couldn't remember the password and despite many tutorials on youtube I couldn't get into it, and was warned that if I take it to the computer shop they'll have no option but to wipe it and take it back to the factory settings.. therefore I'll lose everything but especially thousands of historic photos... It's Windows, and although as you all know I use a MAC desktop for my daily usage I like to have the Windows laptop as a standby for some things that Mac won't do.. and also I take it away with me when I go overseas...

However my dd thought she knew a man who could do it, and so it proved to be.. she took it to him yesterday.. and he sorted it out without me having to lose anything.. and only cost me £30..what a star my daughter is.. she knows everyone who is anyone.. :LOL:..

That's great, Holly! It would be terrible to have lost those photo's!:confused:
Though it's not much good, if you can rarely even use that thing.

It's great that your daughter could, and would, find the right person for that task for you!:)

Have a lot of chest pain, on and off, still. Have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Then for thanksgiving; eating out with son and girlfriend. Wish I felt better.
So sorry. I wish you felt better, too. Even partway better would help, if you are like me in that category. Whenever I feel just a slight bit better in any way, I am thankful for that. Even though it is frustrating sometimes.
I hope you (and others of us who are having a difficult time) can enjoy some moments, this week, anyway. That's what I am going to do. Not much at all, just some moments will be appreciated.

That's great, Holly! It would be terrible to have lost those photo's!:confused:
Though it's not much good, if you can rarely even use that thing.

It's great that your daughter could, and would, find the right person for that task for you!:)
I think I'm going to take all the photos off the laptop onto an external Hard-drive( a Massive task)...but I can't risk losing them again.

I already have over 70,000 pics on 2 External Hard-drives from my Mac.. and my phone ..and I think there's more than 30,000 on the laptop

It's said that a son's a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

A mother is a mother all of their lives.

DS gave me a hard time over the job thing. I haven't told DD yet because I expect the same from her.

I'm very sorry they aren't more supportive. It makes it harder on you.

I personally agree with you, in this decision, and I agree with Holly, that you were right to go with your gut feeling, and to do what is right for you. I was starting to think, that I would withdraw myself from there, if I were you. Enough is enough.
There's no telling what else and how much, they would have had added additional negatives likely, too.
You gave it your best. It isn't a match for you.
Probably many other people who've tried to work there, feel the same. (Perhaps that's why they need people so badly?)

Even though your daughter will not like it, you didn't intend for this, nor do you want to be making things difficult for her, with the timing of the ride.... But you shouldn't spend your countless hours and days, upset by that new job situation, nor should you have to do that, for your daughter. (or son) Nor should they be making the entire decision for you.

Perhaps remind her (and yourself) that you did try, ( a lot! )
to take the new job, and part of the reason was so it would be easier for her.

But it's just not the right thing for you.
I hope she will get over it and want to give you the rides, still and again.

(Try to just let her go thru her reaction....and within yourself, accept that she will be cross about it, but you did what you needed to do, imo.)
Just my ideas, in case it helps.

Last edited:
@Kaila and @WheatenLover and @MickaC I could write volumes. I did at one time, then after the first not-heart attack (we'll call them "episodes") I deleted all of it because I didn't want DD to find it saved in Word after I die. Then I started it up again, deleted it again after the second episode. I don't feel like I can even journal for fear of hard feelings after I've become a crispy critter.

All those words are backed up in my head. It may very well explode soon, and I'll be a case study in a med school text or a documentary on TV about the woman whose head exploded.

I get so tired of trying to discuss a subject, any subject, and being interrupted before even finishing a sentence, with DD almost every time pointing out that what she thinks I'm going to say is wrong. I want to tell her "Halt die Klapper!"

Neither of them can just speak, they shout. I guess that's to make sure that if I dare to say anything, their voices will drown out mine.

I just thought of something. Staying at the biscuit store means I don't get to have blue hair again😭😭😭

>>>>>Gramma leaves the room to find a hole to crawl into

Last edited:
Screamers are tough to deal with. My SIL and the kids are all screamers. I don’t think my DD is, though I’m not around enough to know.

I think I'm going to take all the photos off the laptop onto an external Hard-drive( a Massive task)...but I can't risk losing them again.

I already have over 70,000 pics on 2 External Hard-drives from my Mac.. and my phone ..and I think there's more than 30,000 on the laptop
You may be able to copy them onto your external drive. That's what I do, both from my Ubuntu computer and my Windows computers in the past. That way they are in both places. I also put my photos in the cloud for extra protection and so that my kids could access and download them.

If not, a WD passport external drive may work. I have one and have been nothing but pleased with it.

You may be able to copy them onto your external drive. That's what I do, both from my Ubuntu computer and my Windows computers in the past. That way they are in both places. I also put my photos in the cloud for extra protection and so that my kids could access and download them.

If not, a WD passport external drive may work. I have one and have been nothing but pleased with it.
LOL..I just said I am going to transfer them onto an External Hard-drive... :D I've already got 70,000 plus photos on 2 external HD's.. from my Mac and my Iphone so I'll transfer the laptop pics onto the eternal HD too...

Yesterday and today I've slept for about 35 hours total! This is the first time I've been up that I haven't felt very sleepy. I tried to read while I was awake, but my eyes kept closing involuntarily. Couldn't get past a paragraph.

My daughter showed me the fridge. She cleaned it out. She threw away my bacon, which was unopened and only expired today! Since she was 6 years old, she's been the expiration date police. The fridge is practically empty except for the door and the turkey. So we had KFC tonight. The turkey looks so small (13 lbs).

My daughter is making pumpkin pies. She is full of culinary plans. My husband is excited about being here for Thanksgiving, so I hope she uses my recipes. The only time he's ever tried anything new, my daughter had to fool him by telling him it was ravioli. He ate it all, so he must have liked it. In reality it was some kind of dumpling recipe from Afghanistan, nothing like ravioli. At the time, we were going through the alphabet trying recipes from different countries. Thus my discovery of how much I dislike curry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back