What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had back problems most of my life and I can sympathize with you as I know just how it feels.
DDD..Degenerative Disc Disease they call it for me.
A double fusion in the lumbar area when I was 30 helped but as time went on other discs were affected.

I wore a brace off and on for years but finally dumped that as it was not helping much and very uncomfortable.
The thing is, a lot of the pain comes from muscle tension and some exercises helped that but one simple thing gave me more relief than any of them.
An elderly gentleman told me about it years ago and it does help with the muscle pain.
So you might want to try for some temporary relief especially after sitting for a while.
That is what bothers me most and starts the pain in my hip and leg...ouch

In your kitchen or bathroom find a counter top where you can rest your hands easily on the edge.
Stand close and start walking backward, very slowly until your arms are stretched out and you can feel the stretch in your back muscles.
Hold it and stretch more if you can. Then walk slowly back to counter
I do this about 5 or 6 times or until I feel the relief from the stretch when I stand up.
It is not a cure . Just pain relief for a while with the relaxed muscles.

🤗
thanks muchly..I'll give that a try.... . I was diagnosed with this in 2014, so it's been almost 9 years and of course it's got worse rather than better, and over the years I've had cortisone injections, physio.. exercise the lot!!

In your kitchen or bathroom find a counter top where you can rest your hands easily on the edge.
Stand close and start walking backward, very slowly until your arms are stretched out and you can feel the stretch in your back muscles.
Hold it and stretch more if you can. Then walk slowly back to counter
I do this about 5 or 6 times or until I feel the relief from the stretch when I stand up.
It is not a cure . Just pain relief for a while with the relaxed muscles.
I’m going to start that one. Thanks.

thanks muchly..I'll give that a try.... . I was diagnosed with this in 2014, so it's been almost 9 years and of course it's got worse rather than better, and over the years I've had cortisone injections, physio.. exercise the lot!!

As I said not a cure, just some muscle relief and make sure the counter is high enough to let you stretch on a good level.
My kitchen counter is good for that

I hate phoning. I had to psych myself up to make the doctor appointment. The receptionist is abrupt and impatient.

When I requested an appointment, she kept saying, "Phone call or appointment?" This did not compute in my mind. Finally she explained that instead of coming to the office, I could have the doctor phone me.

I opted for an in-person appointment. My ringer is turned off. I can phone you, but you can't phone me.

I hate phoning. I had to psych myself up to make the doctor appointment. The receptionist is abrupt and impatient.

When I requested an appointment, she kept saying, "Phone call or appointment?" This did not compute in my mind. Finally she explained that instead of coming to the office, I could have the doctor phone me.

I opted for an in-person appointment. My ringer is turned off. I can phone you, but you can't phone me.
How do you get test results from the doctor? Or if the appointment gets changed? Didn’t you say you were bored? How do you know if someone wants to come over or go out with you? I am amazed that you don’t take phone calls.

Why don’t you?

What a beautiful loaf! I've never mastered the art of slashing the loaf despite reading detailed instructions and watching videos.
That loaf is both science and art!
I was thinking the same thing….StarSong.

@perChance …..it’s a 150% of beautiful art…..would be a shame to cut into it, oh…..never mind…..slice away, I’ll be right over, are you coming too, @StarSong, and I’ll bring some whipped butter.

I was thinking the same thing….StarSong.

@perChance …..it’s a 150% of beautiful art…..would be a shame to cut into it, oh…..never mind…..slice away, I’ll be right over, are you coming too, @StarSong, and I’ll bring some whipped butter.
I baked this one for my granddaughters - it will be devoured when they get home from school. We are staying with them tonight while my daughter and her hubby have a night off. I'll share the next one :giggle:

How do you get test results from the doctor? Or if the appointment gets changed? Didn’t you say you were bored? How do you know if someone wants to come over or go out with you? I am amazed that you don’t take phone calls.

Why don’t you?
I have a separate number for voice mail only. The clinic has that number.

Friends have my text number or email.

I haven't answered my phone in 10 years. I've never regretted it.

Why? When I had a business, it was more convenient to use voice mail. As for personal calls, I got tired of people wanting to chat about nothing. That's nice in person, but not on the phone.

Last edited:
Today......

I was all set to do a small shopping trip when the phone rang and it was my Sis in California.
So we talked for a while, hung up and I carried on getting ready to go out.
Then the phone rang again and it was a friend long distance so had to answer that and I got going again with preps to go out and guess what... the phone rang again and it was another friend who needed a shoulder to cry on so I listened and comforted but by then I needed lunch, did that , and started to get ready again and yes the phone rang again but when I did not recognize the number I did not answer.

Honestly I have gone for days and my phone doesn't ring but today was one weird experience.

So by this time I am really not up to shopping any more and guess what, yes, the phone rang and it was my entry phone for entrance to building and guess what it was a friend who dropped me off a beautiful huge piece of quiche lorraine she had made and two gorgeous fruity muffins for dessert. Sooo....if I had not had all those calls I would have missed her and now I have a nice dinner to looked forward to.

Life sometimes, is weird and wonderful at the same time. eh! roll eyes 6.gif

I got my car washed today and also went to Family Dollar. I got some items very very cheap. One thing I found there was a cool set of loungey pajamas. I had to get them seeing they looked so nice and the price was only 12.50! I looked at them when I got home and they are large enough and the bottoms are plush and spotted. I like lounge clothes!

I put more decorations on my Christmas tree. I've been turning the lights on on it and I am really enjoying this tree. Brings back good memories of Christmas when I was a kid. I am reclaiming Christmas.

Listening to Blues/Rock Sounds really good-this one is lots of guitar.

Have a good night everyone!

Made the sugar cookies and the tomato sauce is just starting to simmer. Taking a break from tomorrow's party prep and have cut bait on dealing with a sizeable business problem that I can neither get updated information on, nor iron out until Monday morning at the earliest, so there's no sense stressing about it any further today.

Take it from me, global supply chain interruptions and shortages continue to be an enormous headache to businesses and are likely to continue being so until deep in 2023, if not longer. The trickle down effect is that consumers see delayed deliveries, product shortages, diminished quality and higher prices.

Son & grandson due to come over unless the rain is hard and the wind is bad. Son here to pick up Xmas decorations and to shop for me. I feel guilty. He confessed he's not food shopping for himself today as he needs space in the trunk for the Xmas decorations. I feel like an old woman, him shopping just for me I mean. Why aren't I shopping for me? If I had known that in advance I would have told him not to.

He is turning his former bedroom into a playroom for his son. So far, it has the Original Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain from HeMan. These toys are like 38 years old. Grandson loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back