What Are You Paying for Gas in 2017 and 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I filled up my Jeep yesterday and the gas was $2.09 per gal. What's the price of gas where you fill up? :drive:

Since selling my car in December and cancelling my auto insurance I have been using UBER and don't pay any attention to Gas Prices.

I haven't filled up lately and don't recall what the price was. I only need regular and ARCO usually has the lowest prices and it's good gas.

My son filled it the last time. I'll see if he remembers.

Cheapest I've seen here is $2.06[SUP]9[/SUP]. (Just wanted to see if I could put that 9 up there. ;) ) Why don't they get rid of that 9 once and for all? :confused:

It has been Floating between $1.99 and $2.09 a gallon in Mid Missouri all Winter long. So long as it stays this way, that's fine....it wasn't that long ago that gas hit $4 a gallon.

CA gas is high due to taxes. Currently $3.09 unleaded regular. Fine with us, I remember when I first came to CA prior to the EPA being established, you literally could not breathe on many days in the summer. Having been born with asthma, I'm all for cleaner air, LOL.

One of my co-workers in Chicago, just before I came out to CA, lived in Gary IN and commuted in by train to downtown Chicago. She told me you could look out the window and see that there was always a dark heavy cloud over the city, as you approached. All from industrial pollution and autos. It was there every day, worse in the winter with coal-burning power plants.

I don't drive anymore and wasn't paying attention the last time my husband stopped for gas. According to GasBuddy.com the cheapest gas within a few miles is $2.07 followed by Costco at $2.09. Lowest price nearer my zip code is $2.15 at several stations. One station is charging $2.29.

Today, it's $2.89 to $2.95 for Regular. That's by paying cash. Costs MORE if using credit card!

Here's a site for checking gas prices: http://www.californiagasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

I noticed that California just passed an increase in gas tax...12 cents on gas, and 20 cents on diesel...to help pay for the increasing need for road a bridge repairs. That may push that states gas prices over $3 a gallon, in some locales. Additionally, they are going to be charging a fee on electric vehicles...which is a good idea, since these cars beat up the roads just as much as a conventional car. I am all for an increase in gas taxes...IF that money is used to maintain the roads and bridges. I would rather pay a few cents more for gas, and drive on good roads, than having to dodge potholes and pay for car repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back