What are you wearing today? just a fun thread.

Today I am wearing gray cotton everyday shorts, thick gray cotton t-shirt, charcoal gray tennis shoes, white calf high white socks, off green Boonie or sun hat.
you forced me to learn something new today. now i know what a "boonie" is. thanks!

Love linen trousers. Have a nice lunch (y)
I had a suit made in linen for an Aloha themed wedding. My tailor suggested that I had a linen/synthetic mix fabric. No, no, no, it must be linen.
How I wished that I had taken the tailor's advice. Thirty minutes wear and linen looks like you have slept in it. Shame really, it's a fabulous looking suit...............on the hanger.

I had a suit made in linen for an Aloha themed wedding. My tailor suggested that I had a linen/synthetic mix fabric. No, no, no, it must be linen.
How I wished that I had taken the tailor's advice. Thirty minutes wear and linen looks like you have slept in it. Shame really, it's a fabulous looking suit...............on the hanger.
That is the thing with linen but, I have a starch spray which I use when ironing linen and it works well. I use Dylon 2-in-1 starch spray (y)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dylon-Spra...wicXNhIjoiMy40MCIsInFzcCI6IjMuMjgifQ==&sr=8-2

I wouldn't have thought twice about saddles as I wore them constantly in high school. Hasn't everyone heard of them?

Maybe something lost in translation. A saddle here would mean: (1) : a girthed usually padded and leather-covered seat for the rider of an animal (such as a horse) (2) : a : a part of a driving harness comparable to a saddle that is used to keep the breeching in place. b : a seat to be straddled by the rider of a vehicle (such as a bicycle).

Interesting that there are other meanings of the word though. (y)

I wouldn't have thought twice about saddles as I wore them constantly in high school. Hasn't everyone heard of them?
shoes31.jpg
These are my saddle shoes. Usually I have my shoes made, but the cordwainer, had a cancelled order, in my size.
shoe46.jpgshoe37.jpg
shoe43.jpgshoe54.jpg
The second pair are called Gibsons, they were very popular in the early fifties.
The third and fifth pair are Oxfords and Spectators. The fourth pair I have never found a name for.

Last edited:
View attachment 242347
These are my saddle shoes. Usually I have my shoes made, but the cordwainer, had a cancelled order, in my size.
View attachment 242348View attachment 242349
View attachment 242350View attachment 242351
The second pair a called Gibsons, they were very popular in the early fifties.
The third and fifth pair are Oxfords and Spectators. The fourth pair I have never found a name for.
I would have called that second pair, Spectators. I have a pair of Spectator loafers.

Maybe something lost in translation. A saddle here would mean: (1) : a girthed usually padded and leather-covered seat for the rider of an animal (such as a horse) (2) : a : a part of a driving harness comparable to a saddle that is used to keep the breeching in place. b : a seat to be straddled by the rider of a vehicle (such as a bicycle).

Interesting that there are other meanings of the word though. (y)
Saddle shoes resembled a saddle on a horse.

I'm wearing an olive green tee and black sweatpants with beige socks, hair pulled back in a ponytail.

Back