What books do you read?

Amethyst1

I read a lot, mostly books. Magazines waste my time
mainly because of too many ads and pictures.

I enjoyed reading Getting Back by Maller.
A little known book with romance and humor, partly
about a man's experiences at Catholic college in U,S.

I also read Mother of God (new) about the Amazon jungle by Rosalie
and Astoria, American history in NW exploring in 1700's.

I read a range of books on my Kindle. I read very quickly and can get through about five or so a week, even though I don't usually read for more than two hours a day.

Love Books, I'm an avid reader, but although I read all the classics when I was younger, and all of Conan doyle Sherlock Holmes books and Agatha Chrystie Poirot , nowadays I cannot stand fiction.

I only read Non-fiction now...but I can't read during the day like I once did (unless it's a magazine), because it sends me to sleep.

I always have a book to read before going to sleep tho', and as well as buying books often, I use the public library regularly.

I read a lot of books, mostly mystery and suspense.

Right now I am reading a novel, Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. This is the first time
I have tried this author and she is a good writer, very easy to keep reading.

I love to read and always have been an avid reader. Lately, I listen to books on my iPod because it is better on my neck and I can walk or cook while listening. I like sci-fi, psychological thrillers/mysteries, biographies, self improvement, and character-driven fiction.

I haven't read any books for a couple of years or so. I tend to go in spurts.

When I do read, I mostly like international espionage thrillers by the likes of Frederick Forsyth, Ken Follet, etc. I also like WWII espionage. Read several by Allistair MacLean many years ago.

Have read some of the "modern" American classics like Catch-22 (in 8th grade then several times since), In Cold Blood, The Caine Mutiny, The Grapes of Wrath & Of Mice & Men. Someone mentioned Mailer... I read The Executioner's Song several years ago.

Read a couple by Tom Robbins... Even Cowgirls Get The Blues & Jitterbug Perfume.

Used to read Joseph Wambaugh a lot too.

Read a really interesting book about four years ago, written back in the late 70's by a really great writer named Tim O'Brien, who writes mostly about Vietnam. The name of the book was Going After Cacciato. It was about a very strange & somewhat "not all there" soldier in Vietnam, who decided one day to just walk away from the war & attempt to walk from Vietnam to Paris. When I heard about that Bowe Bergdahl guy, I wondered if he had read the same book...

With the internet, it's tough to get back into reading actual books. I'm getting a new 7" Android tablet Monday & hope to begin utilizing it as an e-reader.

Back