What color do I paint my kitchen cabinets???

Thanks for asking. Narrowing it down. I realized that we needed to decide
On the counters first...so much easier imho to match cabinet color to granite than try and find price appropriate granite to match the paint color.

It was pretty overwhelming!! View attachment 75815

I think we’re going to go with this. It compliments the kitchen cutting board island and has enough color variations that I won’t be limited to only one shade.
View attachment 75816

Yes! Smart move. Pick the more expensive things first. I think it’s always best to pick colour last.
Nice choices.

Yes! Smart move. Pick the more expensive things first. I think it’s always best to pick colour last.
Nice choices.
Thanks @Keesha! The photos don’t do the colors justice, either of the countertop or the butcher block. There is a lovely variation in the granite and subtleties of color that will allow us to not be limited to just one family of tone/paint color.

Now we have to actually get to the store and pick the color!! I wish I had a granite sample...I may go back and get one. They didn’t have a sample piece available when we chose it. But I don’t want to pick paint colors from a photo because it’s not wholly accurate

Thanks @Keesha! The photos don’t do the colors justice, either of the countertop or the butcher block. There is a lovely variation in the granite and subtleties of color that will allow us to not be limited to just one family of tone/paint color.

Now we have to actually get to the store and pick the color!! I wish I had a granite sample...I may go back and get one. They didn’t have a sample piece available when we chose it. But I don’t want to pick paint colors from a photo because it’s not wholly accurate
Exactly. That’s how I would have done it, especially these days with the colour matches they can do. It is well worth it to get a sample of the kind you are getting and with the price you are paying they should.

We did that with our outdoor vinyl siding so we could get a match for coloured aluminum roofing and outdoor paint and it turned out really nice.
Of course these were for two sheds. We wanted them to match our house nicely.

I was going to say the variety of tones in the granite alone should offer a generous selection of colour choices.

Last edited:
When deciding between quartz and granite I opted for granite for a few reasons.
1. As natural stone, granite remains cool to the touch, an important factor when I'm rolling out cookies or stretching pizza dough - especially in So Cal.
2. If a hot pot or pan is placed on quartz the resin can sometimes discolor or melt (my contractor told me one of his customers had to replace a quartz counter for this reason).
3. A realtor friend said, real stone is real stone. It will always hold its value. Quartz is in fashion now but who knows what the future will bring.

We chose granite that has grey, brown, gold, beige and iridescent flecks going through it.

One of the other things I love about our kitchen remodel is the giant one-bowl farmhouse sink! No more dealing with the hump in the middle!

IMG_20190831_131313547.jpgIMG_20190831_131330595.jpg

My son remodeled his kitchen and the walls are a very pale grey, the cabinets white with
black fixtures and all the appliances are black. The floor is black tiles, the counter tops a
polished stainless steel. Looks stunning and cost a fortune! This is a chef's dream and
he is the chef!

What color do I paint my kitchen cabinets??? 😱 Theyre almost finished being built...the top ones and floor to ceiling unit anyway....and I have to decide on a color and I can’t! 😳🥴😫

I don’t know why it’s so hard. I’m just really struggling. The doors look like this, the same design though the pulls will be a different color and shape.

View attachment 75400
We’ve discussed white, gray, a deep
British racing green.

Thoughts on these or other colors? Pics would also be most welcome!
Landlord grey. Decide later.

Back