What did you find in those reusable tins and plastics?

I still have a button - bits and pieces tin ..why I keep it heavens knows :D

All the clothing items I buy from a ladies speciality shop come with a spare button or diamanté or two so I must go through them and put them in the op ( charity shop ) bag as some use buttons for card making and other crafts

F1E55092-4926-4C35-8636-0C353D8BBDC1.jpegI’d say I’ve had the tin and some of the contents 40 years ,especially the old swing machine tin .

The button tin has Cadbury chocolates stamped into the metal lid

Buttons. Mine. Another from my mother. DH’s mother‘s. More buttons than anyone could ever need. Once in a blue moon, I use one.
Same here @Jules but the day after you bin a heap of buttons / zips / elastic you can guarantee
you will be looking for that item a week or two latter.
I still,have a left over spare button I put on granddaughters dresses I made for them when they were 2 and 4 both are now 27 & 29

My grandmother used to keep a little money in an old baking powder can in the kitchen cupboard with the rest of the baking supplies.

s-l300.jpg

Biscuit ( cookie) tins, always ended up holding threads.. or Buttons... or screws.. and even now I have one which holds all the loose family photographs taken when I was a child..(not of me ).. stored in what was a large Chocolate biscuit box...

Back