What Did You Have For Breakfast?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
omelette3.jpg

Breakfast is important to have--fuels us going into the day!

I had a broccoli, yellow pepper, cheddar cheese omelette with a slice of 12 grain toast and butter. And a cup of peach green tea mixed with black tea and soymilk.

What did you have?

Semantics but I don't eat breakfast... as in anything as soon as I get up.. but I do have a little brunch after an hour or 2..., and it's 11.30am now, and I've just had 1/2 a ripe banana, and a slice of cinnamon and raisin bread..and a hot cuppa tea... :coffee: Hot weak Tea, is essential for me in the morning... :D

Last edited:
View attachment 103984

Breakfast is important to have--fuels us going into the day!

I had a broccoli, yellow pepper, cheddar cheese omelette with a slice of 12 grain toast and butter. And a cup of peach green tea mixed with black tea and soymilk.

What did you have?
Do I see jalapeno in that pan, Ruthanne? If so, double yummy! :)

Myself, I sort of have to ease my way into the morning these days... a couple cups of coffee... maybe a biscuit or a cookie to go along with... then later in the morning my appetite comes around.

The usual: One bowl of oatmeal, this time with seedless raspberry jam, and a slice of toasted, garlic bread. I eat this meal about four times a week, and have most of my life. Other times I have scrambled tofu with onions, grape leaves, soy sausage, soy cheese, on pita, an injera, or corn tortillas. On Sundays, usually, pancakes or waffles, with strawberries and maple syrup.

dsc00615.jpg
honeynutcbee.jpg

Coffee with creamer, two fried eggs, two ounces of lean ham, two slices of whole wheat toast, 1/2 cup of beans, and a 5.3 oz cup of fat free Greek yogurt. Total is about 750 calories - 46% from carbs, 28% from fats, 26% from protein - and 12 grams of fiber.

This is one of our half a dozen "standard" breakfasts. On average I end each day at right around 2000 calories - 50% from carbs, <30% from fat, 100+ grams of protein and 30+ grams of fiber. My weight has been constant, plus or minus a pound or two, for over seven months with a BMI <25.

Coffee with creamer, two fried eggs, two ounces of lean ham, two slices of whole wheat toast, 1/2 cup of beans, and a 5.3 oz cup of fat free Greek yogurt. Total is about 750 calories - 46% from carbs, 28% from fats, 26% from protein - and 12 grams of fiber.

This is one of our half a dozen "standard" breakfasts. On average I end each day at right around 2000 calories - 50% from carbs, <30% from fat, 100+ grams of protein and 30+ grams of fiber. My weight has been constant, plus or minus a pound or two, for over seven months with a BMI <25.
That's great. I record my calories and carbs most days, too. I aim for less calories per day as I am trying to lose.

First I had a salad consisting of spinach, carrots, celery, cauliflower and a hard boiled egg topped with EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar. Then I had 2 breaded fish fillets that I baked in the oven and topped with some tartar sauce. I'm not a big eater of fish but that seems to be changing lately. I've had a taste for fish more and more.

Back