What do you do with your nails?

OK, like the other guys I have a supply of the kind that one drives with a hammer, but to stay on topic, my nails usually wear down to an acceptable length just by the manual activities of managing my rural property. However in the winter months they get a bit longish and I always used to just bite them off. Lately, these last few years, I've taken to filing them into a more presentable appearance. Not with a file from my shop.......with a proper nail file.

I don't have a lot of choice a) because my nails are very brittle and break as soon as they grow beyond my fingertips. b) because I have a lot of pets and I'm constantly washing my hands.

My own nails have been long. But I do acrylic tips if need. With gel color. Pedicure in summer only. I do not allow them to “scrape“ the bottom of my feet!

oh oh!!! I have to tell you what happened in a salon here in November!!!
One of the workers at the salon was kneeling on the floor. She had a dead DEER on a blue tarp and was skinning/ cutting it up! During business hours in the main part of the salon! A customer took photos. It was on the local news! They are still open!

Crazy

My own nails have been long. But I do acrylic tips if need. With gel color. Pedicure in summer only. I do not allow them to “scrape“ the bottom of my feet!

One of the workers at the salon was kneeling on the floor. She had a dead DEER on a blue tarp and was skinning/ cutting it up! During business hours in the main part of the salon! A customer took photos. It was on the local news! They are still open!

Crazy
Oh that's disgusting to do that to the deer and in front of everyone yet..sheesh!:oops:

I just keep mine filed, haven't had a manicure for several years.
I have a 'foot nurse' do my toe nails every 5 or 6 weeks as I
ingrown nails.
I believe I am getting ingrown nails on my big toes. Been trying to keep them cut short before they turn in.

I keep mine filed also.

I used to wear my nails long (teen years), then with each passing decade my nails got shorter and shorter.

Now, my nails are quite short, and when it comes to cooking and baking, shorter is better.

As for maintenance, have always done my nails myself, and don't wear nail-polish much anymore, but when I do I prefer something in a light colour, and even go with clear at times.

Keep my finger nails trimmed and clean. Unable r/t back issues to do my own pedicure. My feet are ticklish, sometimes it’s hard to keep them still while the technician files, etc. half the fun of going to the salon is reading the names of the polish colors... like “Midnight in Moscow” and “I’m not Just a Waitress” red 😊

Crazy
😳And you didn’t immediately leave???😨
🤢 Thats disgusting!

Well, several folks took my line (think hammer), so ... In reality, I just try to scrape the mud-stains out from under them. My nails have always been super-hard and I use them like rakes in the dirt to scrape out baby weeds! For me, they are just a nice set of tools that I always have with me!

😳And you didn’t immediately leave???😨
🤢 Thats disgusting!
I didn’t mean you were disgusting . I meant that I can’t imagine going to a professional salon to get my nails done to discover someone skinning a dead animal. The two really don’t mix well. My apologies for not wording that better.

Back