What do you eat for breakfast?

When i was younger i often just had coffee--didn't eat till hungry and evening meal was largest while had family. But i had gestational diabetes twice and the second time it lingered about 6 months. Tho i keep my Blood Sugar numbers under control with diet and activity, eating breakfast became a habit. Since retiring lunch is more likely to be a substantial meal because daughter works the swing shift (2:30 - 9:30 pm). So especially in winter i make hearty meals for midday 3-4 days a week. i often skip dinner, tho in summer i'll have smoothies or fruit in the evening. Since i generally have small servings of lunch (unless i've been splitting firewood) my pattern is now reverse of when i was young--i often consume the largest quantity of food and breakfast and then less as day wears on.

Oh and for months i've been drinking about 10 oz of Pineapple/Coconut juice a day between breakfast and lunch because it's tastier than prune juice but accomplishes same thing--keeps me more regular. If i eat more of something binding i either take a psyllium fiber tablet or drink more of the juice.

Last year I started eating a bowl of plain oatmeal, banana and a mug or two of coffee. Still doing the same. My wife eats a bowl of fresh fruit and tea. She has done that for years.

I only eat two meals a day: brunch and dinner, which is sometimes a typical breakfast meal, but more often, a sandwich. Tomorrow morning, I'll be making eggs and hash browns with Italian sausage, bell peppers, and onions. And maybe some naan bread to go with it.

Back