What Do You Eat When.....?

If I'm hungry NOW..but can't be bothered to cook but I'm hungry and need something straight away .. I either eat a banana or a handful of dried dates, ..or I break an egg into a cup, cover it and cook on high in the micro for 20 seconds and have a sandwich...

if I want something more substantial , but can't think what to cook then, I'll usually take a ready meal out of the freezer, and just shove it in the oven...or I'll reheat something easy that I've home-cooked like soup... .. or I'll make a jacket potato and fill it with either, grated cheese, or baked beans, or tuna and mayo... or I'll make cheese on toast, or baked beans or canned spaghetti on toast topped with grated cheese

If I’m actually hungry but on the go, I’ll eat a handful or two of nuts..almonds, peanuts, sometimes cashews, or a low carb meal replacement bar.

If it’s an actual meal time and I don’t know what to eat, it’s either because Im not hungry enough or I’m bored with food. That happens a lot ...I just get bored with my typical food choices and want something different. At those times I’ll eat some ethnic dish...curry or megrop or tiki masala or pad Thai are frequent go-tos.

My default dinner seems to be a cheeseburger, french fries & onion rings. I feel I should be embarrassed about this.
I don't know why you feel you should be embarrassed. LOL My question is, do you make this yourself, have them in the freezer as heat and eat meals or get it from a fast food place?

Lately it has been tuna sandwiches. Not sure why. It is low on my list of comfort foods, but I do like them sometimes.

Even though I try not to rely on them too often, I often buy a few of the Stoffers frozen entrees when they are on sale (this week 4/$10) for a go to, quick meal, when I do not feel like fussing, like if I have had a busy day and do not want to cook. I will probably go out before the end of the week to buy a few more. I will then have enough to last me through winter and into spring.

Back