What Do You Like in your house/apt/condo,A/C or Fans?

moviequeen1

I've never been a fan{no pun intended} of air conditioning,have always used fans in my small 1 bedroom co-op apt.I get the afternoon sun in my living/dining room area,I turn my wooden blinds in the afternoon,with the fan,makes it more bearable
My bedroom faces SW,usually there is a breeze,not last night,so I had the fan on all night
Around this time of year when it gets really hot outside,Its nice to be in a grocery store or take out place with A/C,but some places the A/C is so cold, brrr feel like I'm in a freezer,can't wait to walk out .
What do you prefer,A/C or fans? Sue

I use both, although a couple of the ceiling fans need to be replaced, so I only have one that works right now. I try to use them in lieu of running the air too low....too expensive $$$$.

In the summer I open the windows and try to catch a breeze.

I run a fan at night to drown out the city noises and don't bother with air conditioning. I have two window units in storage but I hate to tie up the windows with them and electrical outlets are in short supply in my old apartment.

I live in a brick building and it takes about three very hot days to heat up the masonry like an oven that releases heat all day and all night. The good news is that three consecutive days of hot humid weather is about the limit where I live. A cold front usually comes through with lots of rain and wind to cool things off and then we start over.

I really don't mind the summer heat and I don't mind air conditioning but I can't tolerate going from one to the other over and over when I'm out running errands.

My ideal would be to have heat during the day and cool sleeping weather at night. When I was a kid that seemed to be the norm. I remember the old folks sitting on the porch wearing sweaters while we ran around catching fireflies.

A/C. I prefer to sleep in a very cold room at night, but sometimes forget to turn the thermostat down.

I have two programmable thermostats, but keep tweaking them all day anyway, because the humidity, and what activity you're doing, seem to affect the way it feels, more than the temp/setting. Plus I never go to bed at the same time two nights in a row anyway.

Guess I should add, my house has high ceilings, so in the summer, fans tend to bring the hot air down to the floor and don't help much. In the winter that would be a good thing, but the breeze they make sort of cancels it out.

Both..Then I live in South Alabama..It's not the heat, It's the humidity.
A/C takes away the humidity. If I open windows I want the ceiling fan to circulate fresh air.

I open my bedroom window @ nite before I hit the sack.

I have full house A/c + an attic exhaust fan which helps the A/C

Have ceiling fans in two rooms which I run before I need the A/C.

Half the year I rarely need ANY of that stuff, so, it doesn't amount to very much per year.

I like it very cold. I have the AC and fans running most of the time. Our electric bill is high in the summer because I like it so cool but I make up for it in the winter. If I had my way I wouldn't turn the heat on at all during the winter. That is why they invented sweaters and nice snugly afghans.

I couldn't live in Houston (or most of the south) without a/c. Also run ceiling fans in almost every room of the house, 24 hours a day. I can't deal with heat. :eek:nthego:

In this climate we have central AC and ceiling fans in the living room, dining room, both bedrooms and the Florida room. We have had ceiling fans in the last 5 places we have lived. They make a huge difference, even with AC.

Back