What do you splurge on?

Selena

I am frugal with utilities and try my best to keep my monthly bills low but I don't mind spending money on good food, so I don't always shop at the cheapest supermarkets and I like to try different things and buy organic and mostly fresh. I go food shopping almost every day.

What is one thing you don't mind spending money on?

I watch my spending too Selena. I don't charge things. I wait till I have the money to make a purchase.
As cheap as I can be sometimes, I do manage to splurge on something.
Good quality Egyptian cotton sheets. I hate cheap sheets.
It's never long before I feel thousands of midget balls them.
I guess I have sensitive skin, 'cause feeling them disturbs my sleep.
Never happens with Egyptian cotton. The sheets stay amazingly smooth.

I'm all about organic and healthy eating too, but I don't think of that as a splurge, but more of a necessity anymore.

I do my splurging on my little granddaughters, and also my two dogs.
They often get treats and things from me that they don't need. :D

Mixed nuts.
0002900001622_500X500.jpg
images

Once again I've been puzzled by the difference in our language.. Splurge = 'Splash out'.

I like good food and drink and don't like compromising on quality. I do splash out on good quality German cooking utensils - knives by Henckels, pots and pans by Fissler, utensils by WMF etc...

Organic. I eat all my meals at home and avoid processed food. In other areas I buy quality over quantity and my things usually last. I don't enjoy shopping.

I buy a lot of fresh vegetables and fruit but I don't think I splurge, they are necessities.
At this time of year I buy a lot of plants for my garden, really more than I can afford.
So I have to admit I do splurge on flowering plants.

To "splash out" is a common British expression with variants like "come on, splash the cash" = it's your turn to pay. We would tend to think of splurge in the sense of Bugsy Malone's Splurge gun.

Tomorrow we're off to the "National Garden and Outdoor Living show" in Edinburgh, so there may be some Splurging or splashing out ! My wife likes gardening and I like gadgets!

I came into a reasonable sum of money this year when my late Father's estate was sorted out, it has taken nine years as everything was very complicated. I didn't really need it, as we are quite comfortable as long as we don't go crazy so I gave it all to our three daughters.

I am also buying more plants than I need..!!! Can't resist them although my gardening is now restricted to pots. I am a bit of a QVC customer so if I see something that I fancy, I just buy it. Buy a lot of theatre tickets as well, I can't get away on hols because of the cat so spend the holiday money on days out and theatre.

Being in the seventies I feel that at this time in my life my two luxuries that I afford myself
is a good Scotch(CHIVAS REGAL) & A good after dinner port(HANWOOD PORT).
Captain Lightning G/DAY MATE FROM AUSTRALIA. The only Scots language I Know is "HOOT MAN":rofl:

Actually, my 'splurge' is the cost of the internet via Comcast... and also basic cable... when you are living on just S.S... believe me, that IS a splurge...but to me, its also a 'necessity.' I wish Comcast wouldn't have a monopoly...but they DO...Some people use Century Link (Qwest) ... but its even more expensive... a word I've learned to hate is: 'bundle.' :rolleyes:

I prefer to give money to my children than spend much on myself as my tastes are modest. If they need a car, house extension or whatever I try to help them out.

My favorites to spend on are shoes and tops,but I do like to help out the family when and where its needed.

Back