What do your grandkids/great grands call you?

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
Gary O's thread about his new great grandson inspired this one.

I have three different grandmother names for each family of grandkids. I'm still not sure how that came about, but there you go. :lol:

I'm Grams to my 4 grandchildren who live in California, Gramma to the three motherless ones here, and Bee to my daughters three.

What about those of you who have grandchildren or who are going to, what are you called and how did your name come about?

I'm Meemaw to the ones who carry my blood and the step-granddaughters. The two who I got through my boyfriend call me by my first name, but "twice"....like Mary-Mary. Because of family dynamics, I am not allowed to be called by any form of Grandma, Nanny, Meemaw, etc., even through I am the most active grandma in their lives and have been since they were born. Ah, well.....

When I do hear from one of my children, grandchildren or great grands, I'm called Oma. I was married to a man from Holland for 30+ years and that's where it started. We already had a memaw, mamaw, grandma and granny in the family. And my sister's grands called her Nana. So Oma works for me, I've just not heard it in a long time :(

Well, we had planned to be called Granny and Grumpy. LOL! But my grandson was speech delayed, and he could just manage to say Nana and Pop-pops, so that's what we're called. Truth is, I don't care what they call me as long as they love me. And they do.

Back