What Drives You, Logic or Emotion?

I completely envy you logical thinkers. I wish I was one but I’m emotion soaked in a vat of OCD and it gets mighty scary at times. Things that others normally don’t even notice drive me nuts but I do at least find comfort that I’m amongst others in my uniqueness.

Being highly sensitive makes it difficult to not be emotional. Luckily my husband isn’t very emotional so he helps ground me.
That makes two pair
You guys, and my lady and I

Both. When it comes to family, it’s all emotion. In fact now that I think about it, I guess emtion runs my whole life. Logic requires living in a black and white world...no grey area...and that is not how I roll.

Logic! In my career, I could not allow emotion to take over. Too many "heated" discussions where logic had to prevail. That has carried into retirement. I don't show much emotion. Have never thrown a golf club in anger. Spending over 40 years in engineering and construction, you will never hear me utter a four-letter word. No emotion! Emotion too easily turns to anger. Anger too easily allows one to make a complete fool of themselves.

I'm a very emotional and empathetic person, but it doesn't overwhelm me when I need to deal with something or figure out what to do in a situation, I do keep some logic in the mix, and try to think with my head and not my heart when necessary. 🤞

I have studied this issue. And I conclude that people generally are driven by emotion and feelings though they will not realize or admit it. Emotions are usually stronger and motivating than logical choices and people do not understand nuances of logical errors I taught logic from a book but I am more emotional really. It is human nature.

Back