What have you bought recently?

We installed something similar. It’s only two steps to the garage. I didn’t need them right then. Found I use them all the time. Better safe than sorry.
I think it's a good idea to have handrails. When the arthritis in my knees meant that my legs were giving way on the stairs when the pain is very bad, I had my O/H put a new handrail in opposite the existing one, so I could use both hands to prevent myself from falling downstairs . I don't need handles any other time.. when my knee isn't bad, I can run up and downstairs, but when they are at their worst, pre steroid injections for example.. then I am grateful for the handles..

Yes...I think I'm going to order another one....there are times I wish I had one on each side....btw, these are easy easy to install, long screws included for mounting to wall studs, all you need is a power tool.

Well so much for that!

The dumb USB-C cable is back to causing grief. Until I can find the necessary driver software for it I'm back to a simpler cable. At least I can use these elsewhere. I'm sure it's just an issue due to incompatibility with USB 2.0 ports.

Chalk one up for the forces of evil.

I ordered Pixel (our cat) a new bed-hut. I made him a little wooden house and put it in a corner of the living-room, but he stopped using it several weeks ago. I don't know why. So I ordered this bed-hut made of fabric, and I'll put his little wooden house outside for the strays.

Hope he likes the new one. He can snooze inside and it also has a lounging pad on the roof.

This was "supposed" to be a year of minimal spending for me but nothing could be farther from the truth so far. I'm not buying things willy nilly. I'm making thoughtful purchases (except one extravagant gift I got for myself for my birthday...more on that in a moment). But geez, it's all way more than I thought I was going to buy or spend. Time to close the wallet for a while.

My 'extravagant' gift was a bottle of Chanel "Gabriele" parfum. It will last me for years (to prevent evaporation, I store my fragrances in individual upright plastic containers with tight-sealing lids).

Entering a long period of self-imposed financial austerity.

Payday. I ❤️ payday. There's just one thing...I had to pay for the patio umbrella. Funny how that works, yanno? Somebody sends you something you wanted, and then you gotta give 'em money for it.

There was some left to put in the EF and still leave me walking-around money, but there's not enough to go crazy at the garden centers. Darn:(

Back