What have you bought recently?

I was in the market for some reasonable priced ear buds that I could use for my walks. I listen to both podcasts and music so I was looking for something that had decent fidelity. I was prepared to spend around $60-$80 for the ear buds but after reading reviews I decided to take a chance and spend $25 for the JBL Go Air Pop Ear buds and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. They don't feel cheap at all and the sound is pretty good. They fit well in the ear and the touch controls work fine. If you are in the market for a basic pair of ear buds with decent sound then I highly recommend these. There is no noise cancelling but I found out with another pair of headphones that noise cancelling isn't the best idea when taking walks and dealing with traffic 😜

design-medium.jpg

@hollydolly I know, it's hard to develop the habit (especially when it hurts). I make myself do an hour a day.

I have bad knees too. My rebounder provides my main leg workout. The treadmill will be an extra, to help alleviate boredom.

@MarkinPhx Thank you for the recommendation.
you do an hour a day on the treadmill ?... I couldn't possibly do that !! I'm a great walker, but since I live on top of a very long hill.. and it's too painful to walk back up it now, I decided to get the treadmill.. but my knee gets sore after 10 or 15 minutes so I would never push it longer... I walk at around 4.5 mph...

NorthernLight & hollydolly ... Have either of you tried an elliptical machine? Once I tried them at the gym, there was no going back to a treadmill. For me, I found out I had less stress on my joints & I was able to do more. My husband & I bought a like-new used one & we haven't regretted it.

you do an hour a day on the treadmill ?... I couldn't possibly do that !! I'm a great walker, but since I live on top of a very long hill.. and it's too painful to walk back up it now, I decided to get the treadmill.. but my knee gets sore after 10 or 15 minutes so I would never push it longer... I walk at around 4.5 mph...
No, I haven't even brought the treadmill home yet. My typical hour consists of (in minutes)

30 rebounder
15 either flags or hula hoop
15 stretch

The rebounder is low impact and has helped me a lot.

I have a few other things mixed in for variety. When I get the treadmill, I'll use it mostly for walking backward.

NorthernLight & hollydolly ... Have either of you tried an elliptical machine? Once I tried them at the gym, there was no going back to a treadmill. For me, I found out I had less stress on my joints & I was able to do more. My husband & I bought a like-new used one & we haven't regretted it.
Hi Lilac. Yes, I tried them at the gym a few years ago and found them very challenging. I'd see other people doing 15 minutes or more. I'd be setting little goals for myself, like trying to make it to 2 minutes. (I think I got up to 6 or 7 minutes, with difficulty.)

I'm glad you're enjoying your elliptical machine!

My new coat arrived and it’s too big. Maybe I’ll give it to my DD but then it’ll cost me to mail it to her. I might send it back, but there’s always less money returned. I was going to order a smaller size but the discount isn’t as high now so would cost me an extra $80. I ordered a lighter weight coat that is less expensive.

A new pair of pants arrived and they’re too big too. I’m not lucking out with my orders lately.

No haven't tried one.. I might try it next time I go to the gym.. thanks for the tip..(y)

My new coat arrived and it’s too big. Maybe I’ll give it to my DD but then it’ll cost me to mail it to her. I might send it back, but there’s always less money returned. I was going to order a smaller size but the discount isn’t as high now so would cost me an extra $80. I ordered a lighter weight coat that is less expensive.

A new pair of pants arrived and they’re too big too. I’m not lucking out with my orders lately.
..are you losing weight ? :unsure:

How does it make carbonated water? Do you hook up a CO2 charger?
Yep, a CO2 tank. Normally it’s for carbonating beer but I use it to make carbonated mineral water. I’ve been doing it in plastic drinking water bottles but finally came to the conclusion that one day I was going to have explosive mess and I don’t need the excitement. Then I transfer into glass swing top bottles. It looks like & feels like I'm drinking beer while out on the lake.

Decided I was going to return the Lands End coat. No way; I have to pay for shipping and even though the terminal is in Canada, the cheapest cost would be $92. If I’d ordered this by phone, return shipping would be free. That’ll teach me to read the fine print. Now I’ll be buying a special mailing box and sending it to my DD. I sure hope it fits her. I could have used this box for the return but I need to send her some other things so will just suck up the cost of the coat. Live and learn/read.

Gave the kids my credit card to go out to the big arcade place, out to lunch for pho. I told them to stop at the grocery pick up steak and shrimp that is on sale for their freezer. I had a lot of good buys lately at the grocery store.

I have packed up pasta, cereal, canned veggies/soups and a variety of of chips.

My son is so good taking care of the yard and other things around here I like to do for them when I can.

Tow truck is picking up my car in the morning and taking to the shop. I am sure I will be getting a new starter. I also asked them to change the oil, do an insception, change the wiper blades and engine filter. I hope that is all it needs. Hopefully, I will be good with the car for sometime. I put in a new battery last spring.

Last September I bought three metres of silver/grey, heavy duty, cotton fabric, yesterday my sewing fairy finished turning that fabric into a magnificent pair of, vintage style, baggy trousers. Teamed up with my new blazer and a similar coloured hat they look fabulous, how I love them. Do you want a sneak peek?
Green blazer grey hat and trousers 004 - Copy.JPG

Back