What have you bought recently?

These are just some of the yummy goodies I bought yesterday for the festive period.. some of which are going to my DD...

There's more.. not in the picture are Coconut chocolate snowballs , Marshmallows.. & chocolate bars...

IMG-0221.jpg

These are just some of the yummy goodies I bought yesterday for the festive period.. some of which are going to my DD...

There's more.. not in the picture are Coconut chocolate snowballs , Marshmallows.. & chocolate bars...

IMG-0221.jpg
Coconut chocolate snowballs! I didn't know they still made them :) I recently saw some Wagon Wheels in the shop but they weren't anything like the original ones which I remember as being really big.

Coconut chocolate snowballs! I didn't know they still made them :) I recently saw some Wagon Wheels in the shop but they weren't anything like the original ones which I remember as being really big.
oh wagon wheels now are awful..much smaller and they use cheap quality chocolate.. but yes snowballs are still around very much so... :p

oh wagon wheels now are awful..much smaller and they use cheap quality chocolate.. but yes snowballs are still around very much so... :p
Let's see a picture of those snowballs. I wonder if they are like what I call snowballs here. Here, they are chocolate cakes, covered in marshmallow cream. I have not had one in a long time, can't remember it they had coconut but I think they did have on top of the marshmallow.

The wagon wheels, maybe they are like our Moon Pies. So many things we have in common but are called by a different name. Let's see those? Maybe we can spend Christmas together through some loved foods.

With my sweet little girl…..I indulged in the cute little outfits for her…..but…..she didn’t share the interest.
She hated them….put something on her…..she would just stand there, disgusted.
So…..the only time she would tolerate something worn, was when it was cooler, and needed something when going for walks….wasn’t happy but she walked.
Something warm to wear when she went/goes out for her jobs……NO WAY…..she would just stand there and do nothing.
Had warm coats for my other guys, for walking…..for their jobs…..NO WAY.
Tried little booties on all of them……NO WAY.
Mommy, I don't like my new booties! 🐩🐶🐕

Let's see a picture of those snowballs. I wonder if they are like what I call snowballs here. Here, they are chocolate cakes, covered in marshmallow cream. I have not had one in a long time, can't remember it they had coconut but I think they did have on top of the marshmallow.

The wagon wheels, maybe they are like our Moon Pies. So many things we have in common but are called by a different name. Let's see those? Maybe we can spend Christmas together through some loved foods.
20200316-152754.jpg

I can hardly wait to come to this thread and see a post from @debodun telling us that she bit the bullet and bought a new car🚗!

@hollydolly Yup! Those are sNOwballs. I like the ones that have jelly in the middle. Yum.
I like the Sottish snowballs, which have sponge and jam in the middle... the ones I have here are the ones in the picture which are all marshmallow covered in chocolate and coconut.. these are what we Scots call Snowballs...in Scotland. Unfortunately not available here in the South of England..

Maybe I'll have a go at making them myself..

fullsizeoutput_6f48-720x720.jpeg

Tablet from Amazon $90.

I made the mistake years ago when moving into senior housing. I spent 53+ years working in IT. My SIL (mission critical support for HP), warned me about teaching computers to seniors. DON'T! was his advice. I talked several into trying a simple Linux sys.

I have beat my head against the wall many times because of one. She is in her early 90's is one who should have remained off the grid. I have reached the point that a simple tablet may be her only salvation. Bought one from Amazon to let her try it. Removing all apps except the 4 she needs. Hopefully she won't mistakenly lose her bookmarks, browser window and then try to correct her mistakes.

Last edited:
This dinosaur has never bought anything online, far too complicated. I did try once but the menu selection kept going round in circles, so to prevent the red mist from coming down followed by fist going through computer screen, I switched off.

I haven't bought it yet but shortly I shall be withdrawing the money to pay for the New Years Eve dinner dance party that we have booked. Whilst out I shall pay the balance at the restaurant where we are dining out on Christmas Day.

December is always a busy month, we are going to a dance party on Saturday followed by another on Monday, looking at the calendar, I can't see much free time at all this month. Hey ho, such is life. If the good lady agrees, I will show you a photo of us in our glad rags at the Saturday night gig.

Back