What have you bought recently?

Today I went to market and bought a new summer hat... a blue summer scarf, a cream coloured waste bin...and a new garden trug.

Here's the hats...

IMG-7665-1.jpg
Did you go to the market on Turpin Road?

I buy mostly online but also go out just a little bit to stores. I bought some plastic to put on my front window now that winter will be here in no time. Also some double sided tape to hold it up. Also bought some snacks, dog food, a fall jacket that has not arrived yet and I'm wondering why, a new pair of winter boots at a really good price since it's early yet.

I bought something that I should NOT have purchased: Chewy Chocolate Candy.

And shortly after opening up the package, and thoroughly enjoying a piece while I was driving home, one of my Gold Crowns came off.

Fortunately, I didn't swallow it, and fortunately I was able to get an appointment with my Dentist tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully He can just glue it back in place without any hassle.

I had not tasted any chocolate at all for at least three weeks. Somehow, this just doesn't seem quite fair.

Oh, I also picked up some shaving supplies while I was there.

Jos Banks had suits on sale. I bought a $1200 suit for $200 for my son for Christmas. Don't tell him. Also bought some gasoline and some chips to snack on. Getting ready to order a new front door.... wowsy... they are expensive!
You are right about new front doors being expensive, but they really do dress up the appearance of a house. Chose wisely and you will enjoy it for a long, long time. My wife spent several weeks deciding what she wanted, and then after ordering it had to wait a couple of months longer before it was delivered. We changed the hardware at the same time and are very happy with the results. Make sure that they do the installation correctly as they can be sloppy if they can get away with it.

Yesterday I replaced my whole dinner set... from red, to a white & mustard yellow colour. Not because of the colour or because the previous was damaged, but simply because the red plates were very deep and large and I was struggling to get other things in the dish cupbaord, so now I have much more space, and I boxed up the red dishes to donate.

Bought 6 cartons of V8.. a couple large jars of Cucumber Dill pickles for o/h .. a Hair colour for me ... all from Amazon, ordered yesterday arrived this morning... got me out of bed.

Just got back into bed and the doorbell rang again... an order for my daughter sent here for the dogs, because it was cheaper to be sent here than Spain .. which wasn't supposed to arrive until Tuesday, so that was me up and awake, and out of bed 🥴

Yes. I want a backpack purse made with anti-theft materials. And, it’s a big and, the main compartment must be against my back.

Why they make a backpack purse that opens away from you is illogical. You’re always taking your purse off your back to open it. They’re also known for being a magnet for thieves.

I have a very old purse that has the correct design, except it’s not the theft resistant type. It’s also getting worn from use this year.

Yes. I want a backpack purse made with anti-theft materials. And, it’s a big and, the main compartment must be against my back.

Why they make a backpack purse that opens away from you is illogical. You’re always taking your purse off your back to open it. They’re also known for being a magnet for thieves.

I have a very old purse that has the correct design, except it’s not the theft resistant type. It’s also getting worn from use this year.
Something like this perhaps ?
https://tinyurl.com/y5x222q3

or this a little cheaper.. in more colours, and different material

https://tinyurl.com/y5cqnjqp

I know this is Amazon UK, but they may have them in the US version

Last edited:
Ordered a track and valance for vertical veins that i already.

Why do i have veins, but not the track and valance
Well here's the story.

About 9 or 10 years ago, when we had new windows installed in the living room on the farm.....had ordered custom verticals.....1200.00 dollars worth.....they were high quality PVC's.
But...... they never got put up......a typical type of happening in marriage #2.

So, i thought i would use them in the house i bought in town.....but.....the big window here is lower to the floor than the one on the farm......did not order them full length......so the length of them were too short......showed half of the bottom casing here.

So am putting them in my spare bedroom/sewing room and my room........had one track and valance for the spare room.......ordered what i needed for my room.

I forgot how beautiful they are.
The color is a coppery cocoa brown, with leaf embossed design.

There's always a way to reuse if possible and save a bit.

That's my story.......and i'm sticking to it.

Back